• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 for investment?
3 3

792 posts in this topic

In 5 years I've been here I have one small warning PM from a mod, and ZERO strikes.

Now I'm no innocent angel, but c'mon - after 5 years, nothing?

How is that someone just looking to fight?

I think that series of posts is a perfect example of how bizarre this place can be at times. I simply asked questions, in a very benign manner, and he called me names, made accusations, and was very rude in telling ME I'm out of line and making reference to my 'impact on others in the forum.'

Hee HEE!

When I read Chuck's post, I thought he was just posing questions; my reading was nothing like October's. (shrug)

I know, right? I thought that was how a discussion worked. (shrug)

You did it properly. I didn't see anything wrong with what you wrote. (thumbs u

When I read Chuck's post, I thought he was just posing questions; my reading was nothing like October's. (shrug)

What are you two talking about? I posted in this thread once and it wasn't to reply to you.

What are you two talking about? I posted in this thread once and it wasn't to reply to you.

A huge mistake! My apologies! It was rfoii not you that I read; as I scrolled down the page I think his avatar looked like yours for a moment. My first thought was "That's weird, why is Andy going after Chuck?"

However, except for mixing you two up, the gist of my comment stands. When I read Chuck's post, I just thought he was posing questions.

I stated my frustration was about more than this one post.

More importantly I addressed what I think is a growing issue on the site where some more experienced members attempt to bully others.

CG is clearly an articulate and well conditioned debater, but he is also a bully (which he will clearly disagree with). A lack of strikes just means he is smart enough flirt with a line without crossing it.

People can agree or disagree with me and it really doesn't matter, this is my opinion of the nature of his posts based on what I have seen over a number of months and direct/indirect interactions.

:shrug:

FYI - I wouldn't buy GSX 1 for investment purposes.

I knew it wasn't you, I just never addressed the typo in DP's post.... sorry....

I knew it wasn't you, I just never addressed the typo in DP's post.... sorry....

No worries. Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't the one arguing with you!

More importantly I addressed what I think is a growing issue on the site where some more experienced members attempt to bully others.

CG is clearly an articulate and well conditioned debater, but he is also a bully (which he will clearly disagree with). A lack of strikes just means he is smart enough flirt with a line without crossing it.

People can agree or disagree with me and it really doesn't matter, this is my opinion of the nature of his posts based on what I have seen over a number of months and direct/indirect interactions.

If I was a real bully I'd hump the button on this and your other post.

Don't know if you realize it, but you've called me a name four times ('the worst', a "top tier" jerk and a bully twice) and made accusations about my character three times, both actions of which are against the rules of behavior of this forum.

I have thick skin though.

Another bizarre aspect of this place are the number of people who just make random generalizations about the character of someone based upon anywhere from 100 to 20,000 posts and figure that's gosh darned enough for them to make that call. It's NOT. You don't know me in the slightest. So really, you have NO RIGHT to make those claims against me. ESPECIALLY while in the process of calling me names and libelling me!!!!

Don't know if you realize it, but you've called me a name four times ('the worst', a "top tier" jerk and a bully twice) and made accusations about my character three times, both actions of which are against the rules of behavior of this forum.

Another bizarre aspect of this place are the number of people who just make random generalizations about the character of someone based upon anywhere from 100 to 20,000 posts and figure that's gosh darned enough for them to make that call. It's NOT. You don't know me in the slightest. So really, you have NO RIGHT to make those claims against me. ESPECIALLY while in the process of calling me names and libelling me!!!!

I didn't make a random generalization about you, I made direct statements that were supported by my personal opinion and observations.

You are right I don't know you personally, I only know you from the site and from what I have observed and interacted with you. I have plenty of right to say what I did and it is hardly strike worthy.

You bully people and play victim all through the guise of well worded prose. However your arrogance and condescension is clearly presented when you start quoting post counts and their relevance to someone's POV on here.

If you are so certain you are blameless, then why are you pushing back so vehemently?

I didn't make a random generalization about you, I made direct statements that were supported by my personal opinion and observations.

The mods and pretty much anyone who's been here for some time will tell you - just because you observe something and have an opinion about it, doesn't mean you have a free pass to say what you want.

You are right I don't know you personally, I only know you from the site and from what I have observed and interacted with you. I have plenty of right to say what I did and it is hardly strike worthy.

I've seen strike's for less, and yes, it is. Especially since you did it twice. Calling people names, regardless of it's your opinion is a strikeable offense.

You bully people and play victim all through the guise of well worded prose.

How am I bullying you? You started this, and continue to point the finger as if I did something wrong. You've already admitted that my post wasn't a good example of it. (shrug)

However your arrogance and condescension is clearly presented when you start quoting post counts and their relevance to someone's POV on here.

The post counts had nothing to do with MY opinion, or toward anyone's POV on here. You may have misunderstood what was written.

If you are so certain you are blameless, then why are you pushing back so vehemently?

The only one who is pushing vehemently is you. From your very first response.

The mods and pretty much anyone who's been here for some time will tell you - just because you observe something and have an opinion about it, doesn't mean you have a free pass to say what you want.

Will EVERYONE please follow this simple, common sense, concept?

And seriously, if Chuck Gower is a bully, than I am Sauron, here to destroy Middle Earth. By comparison.

I am not taking sides, I don't not like Chuck, but I do not dislike rfoiii

Edited by MetalPSI