• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 for investment?
3 3

792 posts in this topic

Avenges 4 is not a mega or major key.

Also looking at nose bleed grades for valuation over time is a bad idea. 9.6 and 9.8s are very volatile and have declined over the years as more and more available 9.6 and 9.8s became available.

When there was only 1 or a few 9.8s or 9.6s people paid through the nose in the early years of CGC. Now a lot of those books have dropped in the nose bleed grades.

I check 9.2 and mid grade to assess long term value.

Also I don't believe comics should be a sole investment. If you don't have a savings account with at least 3-6 months salary and a retirement fund...those should be first priories.

Descriptors are getting minced here.

Mega Key = First Appearance of Major Character or Team

- Amazing Fantasy 15

- Avengers 1

- Incredible Hulk 1

- etc

Avengers 4 is a "key" book, but definitely not a "Mega" key. It could arguably be a second or third tier key, but not a top tier. A very valuable book though.

- Amazing Fantasy 15

- Avengers 1

- Incredible Hulk 1

- etc

Avengers 4 is a "key" book, but definitely not a "Mega" key. It could arguably be a second or third tier key, but not a top tier. A very valuable book though.

This

- Amazing Fantasy 15

- Avengers 1

- Incredible Hulk 1

- etc

+1

Though with people trying to turn books with Brother Voodoo's, Rocket Raccoon's, Black Adam's etc. first appearances into "keys", I can't blame some for now mistaking Avengers 4 as a "mega key". lol

-J.

But, Silver Age keys have always climbed in price. Go look at a 1980 price guide and see what Hulk 1 was valued at....see what it is today. See what it was in 1990. It has always climbed.

You are incorrect.

No sir you are incorrect. Show me where a SA mega key has declined in value since 1980. Instead of sweeping blanket statements...back it up with data. Every year OSPG would increase the price of keys like hulk 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc.ive not see

I showed earlier that since 2002 Hulk 181 has increased in value.

You love to tell people they are wrong but how about some substance behind your posting?

:baiting:

You remain incorrect. If you believe I cannot support my statement, I'm ok with that.

"You are incorrect" is, however, not a sweeping blanket statement.

Ok RMA, I'll just take your word for it since you show no data. :eyeroll:

As I said, go look at any mega key from the SA in a 1980 price guide and tell me any of those keys has declined in price or a bubble burst on them today.

I'll be waiting :preach:

That's not how debate works.

If you make a claim, it is up to you to prove said claim, if challenged. It is not up to others to DISprove it.

No need for the eyeroll; that's the way it is. :)

By the way..."price guide" is only one way of considering historical values (and not really the best way, at that.)

So if I claim getting stabbed in the eye is very painful I have to prove it to my opponent by stabbing him in the eye?

But, Silver Age keys have always climbed in price. Go look at a 1980 price guide and see what Hulk 1 was valued at....see what it is today. See what it was in 1990. It has always climbed.

You are incorrect.

No sir you are incorrect. Show me where a SA mega key has declined in value since 1980. Instead of sweeping blanket statements...back it up with data. Every year OSPG would increase the price of keys like hulk 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc.ive not see

I showed earlier that since 2002 Hulk 181 has increased in value.

You love to tell people they are wrong but how about some substance behind your posting?

:baiting:

You remain incorrect. If you believe I cannot support my statement, I'm ok with that.

"You are incorrect" is, however, not a sweeping blanket statement.

Ok RMA, I'll just take your word for it since you show no data. :eyeroll:

As I said, go look at any mega key from the SA in a 1980 price guide and tell me any of those keys has declined in price or a bubble burst on them today.

I'll be waiting :preach:

That's not how debate works.

If you make a claim, it is up to you to prove said claim, if challenged. It is not up to others to DISprove it.

No need for the eyeroll; that's the way it is. :)

By the way..."price guide" is only one way of considering historical values (and not really the best way, at that.)

So far then, both of you have not proven valid proof in your claims.

If I was new and reading this, I would side with Mark1's claim/statement, because it not only makes more sense but I would have done my own research even if there's very little info to go on like OSPG, etc. and found it to be somewhat true.

Historically speaking, Major/Mega keys have always increased in price. That sir is a FACT! Prove to us RMA, that it hasn't and I will tuck my tail between my legs and go.

:popcorn: