• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 for investment?
3 3

792 posts in this topic

But, Silver Age keys have always climbed in price. Go look at a 1980 price guide and see what Hulk 1 was valued at....see what it is today. See what it was in 1990. It has always climbed.

You are incorrect.

No sir you are incorrect. Show me where a SA mega key has declined in value since 1980. Instead of sweeping blanket statements...back it up with data. Every year OSPG would increase the price of keys like hulk 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc.ive not see

I showed earlier that since 2002 Hulk 181 has increased in value.

You love to tell people they are wrong but how about some substance behind your posting?

:baiting:

You remain incorrect. If you believe I cannot support my statement, I'm ok with that.

"You are incorrect" is, however, not a sweeping blanket statement.

Ok RMA, I'll just take your word for it since you show no data. :eyeroll:

As I said, go look at any mega key from the SA in a 1980 price guide and tell me any of those keys has declined in price or a bubble burst on them today.

I'll be waiting :preach:

That's not how debate works.

If you make a claim, it is up to you to prove said claim, if challenged. It is not up to others to DISprove it.

No need for the eyeroll; that's the way it is. :)

By the way..."price guide" is only one way of considering historical values (and not really the best way, at that.)

So far then, both of you have not proven valid proof in your claims.

I haven't made any claims.

:popcorn:

I stated my frustration was about more than this one post.

More importantly I addressed what I think is a growing issue on the site where some more experienced members attempt to bully others.

CG is clearly an articulate and well conditioned debater, but he is also a bully (which he will clearly disagree with). A lack of strikes just means he is smart enough flirt with a line without crossing it.

People can agree or disagree with me and it really doesn't matter, this is my opinion of the nature of his posts based on what I have seen over a number of months and direct/indirect interactions.

:shrug:

FYI - I wouldn't buy GSX 1 for investment purposes.

This is only the second time I have disagreed with you, and you are entirely wrong this time.

Not only is Chuck not a bully in any respect, but the word "bully" in relation to an internet message board populated by adults is a sorely, terribly abused word, and almost never...and I daresay, never...justifiably used on a message board.

However, why you feel the need to break down a conversation and comment on every individual point as a means of argument and pretend it is not "aggressive" is beyond me.

There is nothing aggressive about breaking down a conversation and responding to each comment separately. It's internet debate 101.

If you don't feel like replying in like manner then just say that, but he did nothing wrong other than address all of your thoughts cleanly and neatly.

I respectfully disagree. The approach is a scare tactic and not necessarily a logical one. An argument is more that the individual sentences it contains.

You are completely incorrect. It is an excellent way to address individual points, without them becoming buried in a larger response. All arguments are made of component points. It's not about individual sentences; it's about points, whether those points are one word, or a thousand. And many people are perfectly capable of addressing those individual points without losing sight of the overarching argument.

If a point isn't worth responding to directly, it probably isn't worth making in the first place.

As a related side note, I'm always interested in people who have a problem with points being addressed as they are raised, instead of in a clump at the end, which may be (but usually isn't) clear.

However, why you feel the need to break down a conversation and comment on every individual point as a means of argument and pretend it is not "aggressive" is beyond me.

Yes, it is beyond you at this time, but you are bright enough that it shouldn't be, and need not be, forever.

You are reading attitudes that do not exist.

Yes, it is beyond you at this time, but you are bright enough that it shouldn't be, and need not be, forever.

You are reading attitudes that do not exist.

I get the point and appreciate you providing your point of view.

As far as I am concerned the matter is over. The discussion is over, people have provided their perspective (in many cases multiple times from multiple people) and it is done.

No need to drag it out any further, I understand I am in the minority. I won't argue it further.

but the word "bully" in relation to an internet message board populated by adults is a sorely, terribly abused word, and almost never...and I daresay, never...justifiably used on a message board.

THANK YOU!!!!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

but the word "bully" in relation to an internet message board populated by adults is a sorely, terribly abused word, and almost never...and I daresay, never...justifiably used on a message board.

THANK YOU!!!!!! (worship)(worship)(worship)

Sing it sister!