• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Wolverine covers of all time
1 1

146 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah it was #27

wolverine1988series27.jpg

27 is very close to the nes cover, yes, but if you do a line for line comparison (and it’s easy to do because there’s a big scan of the 27 OA on heritage) it’s not the same image. The nes cover is either a redraw or a re-ink. Same pose , same idea, but different inking at a minimum.

On 12/10/2021 at 5:03 PM, D2 said:
On 12/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, Poekaymon said:

it's a homage]

to which? I did not know this. Still hate Land though lol

On 12/10/2021 at 4:13 PM, Flanders82 said:

The claws could definitely be better. But if you're looking for the worst Wolverine cover, look no further than this:

Wolverine_Revolver_Vol_1_1.thumb.jpg.d307202c8b3e90727e9a73e46611f310.jpg

Expand  

You know what! lol! you are absolutely right.

It's interesting... you can always dial things up to 11. Get that 11 out of 10 score.

Now, we have successfully found our negative 1. 

-1/10. Worse than zero

It's also the actual "death of sabertooth issue" in case you weren't aware of the insides :shy:

So kind of fitting for the homage and style of death, I do agree about the claws though lol

Greg land has some good stuff, but it is seldom it ever hits the wow factor for me. He used to outline his sketches with a solid color line all the way around. I dont know if I can find an example, but that is how I first heard of Gregg's work. Like if he drew deadpool, the normal black line that would be the edge of the drawing, he would add a highlighted color line to on the edge all around.