• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Action/Detective Price Bumps

9 posts in this topic

We all know that early GA Action and Detective frequently (if not always) sell above guide. But is there a realistic formula for determining price bumps for these books? 25% above guide? 50%? Less? More!?

For those that collect them, what type of price bump rules for you?

In this case, I'm more specifically talking about the really good stuff. :cloud9:

The Action 1-24s and Tec 1-40s of the world. Just wondering if there's an unofficial guide to price guide bumping on them. For example: nobody is getting a 2.0 unrestored Action #13 for $5000.

We all know that early GA Action and Detective frequently (if not always) sell above guide. But is there a realistic formula for determining price bumps for these books? 25% above guide? 50%? Less? More!?

For those that collect them, what type of price bump rules for you?

If Peter in Portugal wants it your done. 300% wont get the job done lol

In this case, I'm more specifically talking about the really good stuff. :cloud9:

The Action 1-24s and Tec 1-40s of the world. Just wondering if there's an unofficial guide to price guide bumping on them. For example: nobody is getting a 2.0 unrestored Action #13 for $5000.

It is very tough to figure out because of the variation between specific books (i.e. Superman cover versus non Superman cover, Batman cover versus non etc.). I generally don't see any true guide or rule of thumb, but I think respected board member G.A.tor has answered the price per point on most key Action Superman covers and key Pre-Robin Batman covers in his "Ask G.A.tor" thread