• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK February Featured Auction........................

176 posts in this topic

The Iron Fist 14 CGC 9.6 35c variant tanked in a BIG way :o

Price?

GPA has a 9.4 at $5100. Doesn't sound like much of a tanking to me. What have 9.6s sold for before?

Paying $9500 more for a book whose only difference is a 35c cover price vs a 30c cover price is ridiculously :screwy:

I was thinking the same thing. lol

The Iron Fist 14 CGC 9.6 35c variant tanked in a BIG way :o

Price?

GPA has a 9.4 at $5100. Doesn't sound like much of a tanking to me. What have 9.6s sold for before?

Paying $9500 more for a book whose only difference is a 35c cover price vs a 30c cover price is ridiculously :screwy:

Maybe, but look what the Stars War 1 35 cent variants are going for.

Wow … awesome books that all of you guys picked up !

I was trying to fill some holes and upgrade on my Cap #100-200 run but most of the GCG 9.8 books that I bid on went for crazy prices. Even those 9.8’s that I purchased less than a year ago sold for more than twice what I paid.

I didn’t check GPA but it seemed to me that a lot of books were selling at fairly strong prices

Funny story - this was my first time bidding at Comiclink and while I'd registered a while ago I didn't know that you had to have a CC on file. So, I'd been watching a book I wanted and it wasn't hitting where I was worried it might, and I went to put in a bid in the last few minutes. Low and behold - "You need a credit card on file to be able to place a bid!" I nearly filled my drawers. Anyway, I managed to get my bid in just in the nick of time and won.

5DSGpK9.jpg

I'm pleased with the cover's centering - it presents nicely compared to many I've seen in that grade. Yeah, I think the price is a bit inflated but it is for me and it is all mine now! :headbang:

Funny story - this was my first time bidding at Comiclink and while I'd registered a while ago I didn't know that you had to have a CC on file. So, I'd been watching a book I wanted and it wasn't hitting where I was worried it might, and I went to put in a bid in the last few minutes. Low and behold - "You need a credit card on file to be able to place a bid!" I nearly filled my drawers. Anyway, I managed to get my bid in just in the nick of time and won.

5DSGpK9.jpg

I'm pleased with the cover's centering - it presents nicely compared to many I've seen in that grade. Yeah, I think the price is a bit inflated but it is for me and it is all mine now! :headbang:

Very nice looking book indeed !!! Congrats

I lost the one and only item I was interested in with this auction I thought I put a decent bid on the page going over my cap by 300.00. Maybe next auction, I have been shut out of my last few auction attempts on Clink

I was hoping to get the Marvel Preview 1 chapter/ title splash it went from 850.00 to 2200.00 in the last few seconds I was the 2100.00 bid. There will be others or this will pop up on a site later

I've got one bid out on a piece of art. If I win it I win it, if not so be it.

And... I got outbid by the minimum. Disappointing, but better for my wallet this month so I'm not too crushed. Hopefully I won't regret it too badly, it was a pretty sweet piece.

Is it everyone that gets tattered plastic bags over their slabs from CLink or is it just me? Not an issue... not something to complain about in the grand scheme of things but c'mon.

I won Detective 371. I have some buyer's remorse over what I paid though. If interested here's the story: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8419136#Post8419136

Thanks for reading.

Detective%20371%20CGC%209.4%20275_zpsnvckaymx.jpg

Without doubt my favorite Batgirl cover and one of my favorite covers overall. Great pick up!