• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strange tales #114 Cap app?

21 posts in this topic

It's kind of a key. It's the first time Cap had appeared in a comic in nearly 10 years. However it's actually the Acrobat, and not Cap but you don't find that out until the end. That said, it's killer Kirby cover, so who cares!

I've always considered it his first app. in the SA.People will freak and argue and go :banana: .... But it is presented as Cap on the cover,most of the story...if it's just a try out then so is TTA 27....AntMan could have been bee man if that months competing try out had fared better...a good what if story?

I've always considered it his first app. in the SA.People will freak and argue and go :banana: .... But it is presented as Cap on the cover,most of the story...if it's just a try out then so is TTA 27....AntMan could have been bee man if that months competing try out had fared better...a good what if story?

I am not freaking or arguing. :hi: I feel the same way about this comic. Should be his first silver age appearance. :headbang:

First IMO

Heck TOS 33 has a hulk appearance with a picture on a wall.

Cap might not have shown up at all if he didn't get a good response.

I like it more than Avengers 4 although the man in ice trick is pretty big and important.

So I guess it doesn't count as a Captain America app,as it is an imposter

It's not his first appearance and I wouldn't classify it as a key but it's an important book. Great cover and an iconic appearance of a great GA cover. Can you imagine what it would be like back in the day for a long time comic reader to see that cover on the stands? And Stan Lee's blurb at the end asking if you'd like to see the real Captain America return should qualify it as at least a prototype appearance.