• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious what your worst case of tape pull ever was?

7 posts in this topic

This happened to me when I was a kid so the book was not as valuable back then, I learned my lesson since then.

Curious what your worst case ever was of tape pull or some other stupidity that caused damage or destruction to one of your beloved books.

TapePull_zpsa3tzpg1t.png

Yes, this kind of threads are an "evergreen": they need to be redone here and there. :)

I don’t have many in mind, not caused by me, but I proud myself of these two, bought with the tape pull already, in my collection. Nothing drastic, I quite like them.

hYEFO3Hm.jpg gPDJUYQm.jpg

My #2 has a tape pull also (in the Skrull's hand, below), but I love it as it’s otherwise very nice: :cloud9:

J8almMul.jpg

I wasn't involved in the transaction, but years ago, a well-known dealer sold the Church copy of Adventure #46. He took it out of the bag to take one more good look at it before boxing it up for shipping, and snagged the bottom right corner on the tape. :facepalm: