• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You make the call.......

159 posts in this topic

Party A negotiates a price of slightly under $300.00 with party B for 3 low grade silver age books.

Party B packages the books in a poly bag, then in a USPS Priority tylex(?) envelope,

sandwiched and taped between cardboard and inserted into a Flat rate Priority cardboard envelope.

Party A receives package at at his PO but the package was folded in half to fit in his box. Has person from PO remove package and complains but is told " if it's not marked 'do not bend' or 'fragile' it's ok for them to do that"

Party A asks party B for a solution.

Party B suggests returning books for a refund.

Party A suggests party B send him another book of $50.00 approximate value to equal things out or don't do anything & that would be fine.

Party B feels he is being squeezed for another $50.00 and feels things were done properly from his end.

Party A now wants to return the books.

I put this in all my sales threads with the hope that it will avoid problems like the one above.

1-10 raw books with $100.00 insurance and tracking number to the USA IN A BOX will be $20.00 and $12.00 for Canada.

If you want cheaper shipping, I can ship 1-3 raw books to the USA in an envelope with thick backing boards and cardboard for $10.00 ($5.00 for Canada).

Please note that there is no insurance or tracking number with this option. If the package gets lost or damaged, there is nothing we can do. I have never had a problem yet using this option, but there is a risk it could happen so this option is at your own risk.

I give the buyer the option of which shipping he/she wants.

If Party A chose the envelope option (assuming there was a box option), then I feel Party B has done all he can.

Party B has done the right thing and offered a refund out of good faith.

Valuable books + in an envelop = a good time

Send em back for a full refund and the seller should learn a valuable lesson on how to ship. The buyer should also learn a lesson to ensure when valuable books are being shipped to ask about how books are packaged.

Party A should have put it in a priority BOX so it could not be bent.I really don't understand why people would send it any other way.

Refund.

Party B is the seller.

Party A is the one that should have kicked the postal worker in the nuts.

Party A should have put it in a priority BOX so it could not be bent.I really don't understand why people would send it any other way.

Refund.

Party B is the seller.

Party A is the one that should have kicked the postal worker in the nuts.

Noted,and changed. (thumbs u

It does not matter how truthful the person who received the books maybe; to many people try to take advantage of a seller by asking for a partial refund. It is either return for a full refund or nothing. End of story.

Party A asks party B for a solution.

Party B suggests returning books for a refund.

Party A suggests party B send him another book of $50.00 approximate value to equal things out or don't do anything & that would be fine.

Party B feels he is being squeezed for another $50.00 and feels things were done properly from his end.

Party A now wants to return the books.

No offense if Party A is reading, but once the buyer hints that I can make a problem go away by sending them a gift/discount, I mark them down as a scammer and assume they've been lying from the start.

If something goes wrong you return for a full refund. That's it. Any suggestion that you aren't happy but could be shut up with a few notes is extortion and I won't fall for it.

For $300 in books it should have been in a box. I struggle with that on cheaper books.

Do I spend $6 on a flat rate envelope or $9 for a priority box. Tough call when you charge $3.50 for shipping on a $20 book.

I agree, but that doesn't have any bearing on how the buyer responded.

Personally, the 'cardboard sandwiches' I send are tougher and less bendable than a cheap box.

For $300 in books it should have been in a box. I struggle with that on cheaper books.

Do I spend $6 on a flat rate envelope or $9 for a priority box. Tough call when you charge $3.50 for shipping on a $20 book.

Being in Canada I am extremely generous with my stateside friends. I pay $30-$40 in shipping to have my books bulletproof. It sucks balls, but so worth it in the end. Only on eBay have I been outraged by cheap shippers, which is why I try to do a lot more business here.

Some people refuse to ship to Canada, and I totally get it. But those I have convinced have never been disappointed, and I have never been let down :)

So kudos to all those that have gone that extra mile for me, there are some awesome people that deal here and will always have business