• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

It has to be something with those Ebay ads, and the board software trying to convert any posts to support those links.

Hi,

Yes, we might have some recent performance issues. It is unlikely to be related to any of those ads.

You may notice this line at the bottom of the boards:

Generated in 1.765 seconds in which 1.756 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Whenever that second measurement in seconds is large, it's evident that the database is the bottleneck.

I'm guessing that for most of you, the experience is that sometimes the pages load quickly, and sometimes they load slowly. I'm also guessing that when you get a slow loading page, that second measurement is big and the first measurement is only fractions of a second bigger.

Ergo, database.

Please let me know if that's not your experience. I might be wrong.

We're looking into it.

Took me ages to read that.

• Administrator
It has to be something with those Ebay ads, and the board software trying to convert any posts to support those links.

Hi,

Yes, we might have some recent performance issues. It is unlikely to be related to any of those ads.

Generated in 1.765 seconds in which 1.756 seconds were spent on a total of 9 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Whenever that second measurement in seconds is large, it's evident that the database is the bottleneck.

I'm guessing that for most of you, the experience is that sometimes the pages load quickly, and sometimes they load slowly. I'm also guessing that when you get a slow loading page, that second measurement is big and the first measurement is only fractions of a second bigger.

Ergo, database.

We're looking into it.

We are unable to help you with your reading speed.

;)

Hi,

Ergo, database.

We're looking into it.

;)

That's just pure laziness.

• Administrator

Hi,

Yes, we...

;)

http://www.spritzinc.com/

There ya go.

Hi,

Ergo, database.

We're looking into it.

That is exactly what's happening for me.

Hi,

Yes, we...

;)

There ya go.

You've got shares in that site.

We're looking into it.

I'm not getting the load time you mentioned. What I am seeing is a link at the bottom, with the message 'waiting on...

Two of the messages will note an ebay link.

153412.png.99348d373ce194e8199871c04ec138fa.png

153419.png.387cf18704cffda8f9c8ef1ed375bf4c.png

The forum is definitely much slower lately, sometimes taking 30 seconds or so to load a page.

For me, I think it started about a week ago.

Same.

I am glad it's not just me.

-slym

Not at all. I figured it was more than just a few people experiencing this, and figured it was better to bring it up to gauge how extensive this was.

Hi,

Ergo, database.

We're looking into it.

You mean like these? :eek:

Generated in 11.491 seconds in which 11.476 seconds were spent on a total of 17 queries

Generated in 11.558 seconds in which 11.54 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries.

And when it went quick I got this:

Generated in 0.012 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries.

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries.

Hi,

Yes, we...

;)

There ya go.

I was wondering if anyone was going to come out with an app for this. I read about that theory of reading faster over 10 years ago, and thought it might work great on a phone or other small screen.

Hi,

Ergo, database.

We're looking into it.

Here's one I had tonight that didn't fit that pattern:

Generated in 34.295 seconds in which 8.973 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Another around the same time was closer to what you said:

Generated in 46.065 seconds in which 43.554 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 10 queries

Generated in 0.014 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 16 queries.

I'm not having that load lag this morning that I was having yesterday (and for weeks). But let's see later on when more traffic hits the site if that changes.