• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else catch Marvel's jab at DC?

13 posts in this topic

Should I do a spoiler thing?

Ah, the heck with it

A newscaster is pictured as saying that Time Warner's stock is taking a dip and that the publishing arm is to blame. Time Warner publishes alot of stuff and included in that is DC Comics. It's definitely a jab. I'm sure it's all in good fun. Or maybe Marvel's a little insecure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Read about it in a FourthRail review...

I don't see what's the big deal? Marvel and DC have been lobbing jabs at each other in their various comics since the early 70s. For awhile there, it seemed Stan Lee couldn't get through his monthly Soapbox without taking a swipe at the "Distinguished Competition". sleeping.gif

There really isn't anything to see here...and is non-news for those who have followed comics for any length of time. Comic websites apparently need something to talk about...

Jim

Should I do a spoiler thing?

Ah, the heck with it

A newscaster is pictured as saying that Time Warner's stock is taking a dip and that the publishing arm is to blame. Time Warner publishes alot of stuff and included in that is DC Comics. It's definitely a jab. I'm sure it's all in good fun. Or maybe Marvel's a little insecure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I laughed my butt off when I read that a couple nights ago.

DC will have to wait to be No. 1. At least until the All-Star line picks up. Marvel has too good of a thing going with the Ultimate books. Superman/Batman is the only reason DC is even in the fight at the moment (especially after Identity Crisis ended). Cause I gotta say, I love Flash & Batman, but some of the other books (GA, Hawkman, Aquaman, and even Supes to an extent ... although I do buy it for the Lee art) are CR@P! stooges.gif

I love JLA though. It's just going to take more for me to completely turn to DC. (All Star Batman & Robin should do it).

Marvel needs to stop doing this stuff. It's like when those brothers who made the Matrix flix criticized the Phantom Menace's special effects. Clearly the one criticizing is implying that they are subservient to the other. Marvel must hold on to its MOJO and not let go!

Marvel needs to stop doing this stuff. It's like when those brothers who made the Matrix flix criticized the Phantom Menace's special effects. Clearly the one criticizing is implying that they are subservient to the other. Marvel must hold on to its MOJO and not let go!

Thank you so much for saying this.

As a StarWars fan I was so upset when Matrix Beat Phantom Menace at the Oscars for special effects. I kept telling all my friends "what Matrix did wasn't new, They used the same effects in the Swing Dancing Gap Commerical"

Even though I have my love/hate relationship over the writing and the acting in Phantom Menace......the effects.....those were revolutionary. Phantom Menace never gets the credit it deserves. It changed everything.