• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Alias #1

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a comic and the comic did not match the scan.

Seller stated it was NM 9.4 (no less than a NM- 9.2) but as soon as I looked at it I realized that it was not.

I showed my buddy (who has been buying raw comics for years and grades pretty accurately) and he told me it is not better than a Very Fine comic.

What do you all say?

Here are some photos:

DSC00018.jpg

(what immediately caught my attention was the damage around the eye and the line coming down the cover)

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC09995.jpg

DSC09983.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you guys!

got a scanner??

Really hard to tell from this. From what I see I would not say as low as 8.0 right now though. Maybe a 9.0 if those stress/bends on the BLHC don't travel through to the back and cause more flaws/damage.

I can't see any of the corners either. If they are all nice and sharp with little to no wear/rubbing/blunting, a 9.0 is not out of the question with that indent on the FC also.

Thank you!

Here are pictures of the corners:

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

Yeah, that top-left corner combined with the mid-spine crease and creasing at bottom-left would be 9.0-9.2 w/o seeing the back.

The whitening on the exact edge of the spine is pretty common with some books printed around this era (may have to do with the cover stock, but I'm not going to assume I know) and may/may not impact grade.

Yeah, that top-left corner combined with the mid-spine crease and creasing at bottom-left would be 9.0-9.2 w/o seeing the back.

The whitening on the exact edge of the spine is pretty common with some books printed around this era (may have to do with the cover stock, but I'm not going to assume I know) and may/may not impact grade.

That's interesting. I have a 9.6/9.8 raw copy I've held off on sending in due to my concerns about that spine "whitening". Wasn't sure if it would be considered some sort or chipping, rubbing, or other wear. But if it's a common defect, I may send the sucker in.

That's interesting. I have a 9.6/9.8 raw copy I've held off on sending in due to my concerns about that spine "whitening". Wasn't sure if it would be considered some sort or chipping, rubbing, or other wear. But if it's a common defect, I may send the sucker in.

I am no expert on "feathering", but from what I have read and seen as long as it is not extremely bad, it doesn't discount from the grade.

Hopefully someone with more subs and knowledge can weigh in.