• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay user alanb1724

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone on the boards here dealt with Ebay user alanb1724? He currently has a page (Jurgens Man of Steel 1 pg 40) I bid on and abruptly canceled my bid stating that I may be bidding on a blocked bidders behalf. Which is untrue and I don't know where he would get that idea. He also canceled three additional bids by other people for the same item. I have tried contacting him through ebay but he must have blocked me because I am unable to send him emails. He has some quality items and I would like to contact him to resolve whatever issues he has concerning my ability to bid on any of his items. If any board member knows him, please have him send me an email through the boards or ebay. Thanks

Chris Swartz

I just looked at the bid history of both of his auctions and you're right, he's canceled multiple bids by different bidders. Bidders with lots of feedback too. Its seems like really strange behavior on the seller's part.

Ive dealt with him before. He is a very different guy. He sold some stuff for very cheap early on and found out how undersold it was...now he seems to be upset by it and has vendettas, at least how thats how i take it.

I've bought art from him before. He VERY odd. He will not sell art to any person other than Americans. We got into a big argument about the fact that he wouldn't sell me art because I was a Canadian even though I had a USA shipping adress. He even threatened to block the bids of anyone he felt was bidding on my behalf. And when realizing that was something he couldn't control then told me he was canceling the auction and would never sell the piece in question just to ensure I never got it.

Then maybe 30 minutes later he sent an email apologizing and really worked with me to find pieces he had that fit my collection. By the end of it I thought he was a great guy. Odd but great. I noticed from auctions that he's since been hosting that he's back to only selling to American citizens. Odds are he thinks you're bidding for a foreigner.

About a year or so ago, before the guy listed any of those pieces on EBay,

I was starting a nice back and forth with him, hoping to arrive a deal.

Shortly after, once I told him I wasn't a U.S resident, I was done with.

Once he said he WON'T ship outside America, I've suggested (like others)

to have the art shipped to a U.S address and even have the payment be

sent by a U.S resident (a friend from CAF).

He shut off any and all options to continue what otherwise would have

been a decent deal for both sides.

Later on, I've contacted him via EBay, inquiring about a piece which was on

auction, wishing to see if his policies might have changed, but in his reply

he asked me to NEVER contact him again.

While he was entitled to do as he wished, I found his conduct hurtful.

Now I see I wasn't the only one who got the cold shoulder, so I'm less hurt,

as I see I'm in a good company.

Good art by some of my favorite artists, though. Hope you guys fair better...

Just my 2 Shekels...

Gal

Thanks for the information guys. Hopefully he doesn't block me from any of his future auctions because he has some solid pieces.

Sounds like a "better pass than fail" person whose not worth supporting and dealing with, it just enables that behavior. Let him sit in his own kingdom sitting on a stack of comic art. Maybe he'll realize how to conduct himself in order to earn the business of customers. It seems like this behavior is prevelant in the hobby where buyers are near begging sellers or "taking the poo and eating it too" and regardless of the piece both buyers and sellers should maintain respect as well as preserve their dignity to sometimes walk away out of self-respect and principle.

This seller doesn't sound very pleasant to deal with. I would avoid him unless he has a piece you absolutely must have. Collecting art is fun, and it's always a joy to buy from happy sellers and artists. I actually think that's part of the fun of collecting.