• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

As a Spidey loyalist, I am going to say, this is totally looking like it's for the kids except Stark is there to make sure the adults' eyes don't glaze over.

That said, swell getting the next generation of kiddies hooked, so I'm good. Us older Spidey fans ain't going anywhere no matter what they do. : )

It always seems fake to me when robbers try to fight spider man. Here's a guy can stick to the ceiling, shoot webs, toss cars, he just destroyed your 3 buddies and you run up and take a swing at him. Yeah no. Real people wouldn't do that.

You would be surprised by the stupidity of some. Yes, most would flee. However, I have seen a few guys think that they are the "one" to succeed where the others failed. You would be totally surprised.

In his friend's room where he drops the lego set:

That is Lego Death Star 10188 (New one was not released during filming.)

There is a Vintage Kenner Star Wars AT-AT (Incomplete on his desk)

When he actually drops the lego set to the right is the nose for a Star Wars X-Wing... edition undetermined.

When Peter takes off the costume there are five vintage 77'-85' SW figures and what I think are two POTF2 95' figure on the shelf. I can make out Vintage Hoth Leia, Vintage R2-D2 (but not which one), Vintage X-Wing Luke, Vintage Sandperson, POTF2 Stormtrooper, POTF2 X-Wing Luke.

There is a Mets Piazza #31 HOF pennant hanging on the wall. This means they are Mets fans. The movie is now ruined for me.

s-l225.jpg

photo.jpg

Hush

In his friend's room where he drops the lego set:

There is a Mets Piazza #31 HOF pennant hanging on the wall. This means they are Mets fans. The movie is now ruined for me.

s-l225.jpg

he is from Queens, NY (shrug)

Yankees !

Seen on the subway

mets.jpg

As a Spidey loyalist, I am going to say, this is totally looking like it's for the kids except Stark is there to make sure the adults' eyes don't glaze over.

That said, swell getting the next generation of kiddies hooked, so I'm good. Us older Spidey fans ain't going anywhere no matter what they do. : )

This is the exact sentiment I felt watching the trailer but still very much looking forward to seen the movie....Spidey is Spidey I love him no matter what!!

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

I wonder what the tie-in is here. Other than to show Spider-Man is part of the larger Marvel Universe.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Has An Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Involving Pepper Potts

g7EGlWj.png

There are more than a few easter eggs to be found in the trailer footage, but one specifically gives reference to Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3.

In the film Pepper (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) is sleeping nest to Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) in a t-shirt that says "I lost an electron" with the other saying "Are you positive?" Tony is also present throughout the opening Homecoming trailer, and it turns out that Peter Parker (played by Tom Holland) has a similar fashion sense, as he's wearing the same shirt underneath his jacket as the two walk down a hallway (with Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan in the background).

I wonder what the tie-in is here. Other than to show Spider-Man is part of the larger Marvel Universe.

Spider-Man: Homecoming Has An Iron Man 3 Easter Egg Involving Pepper Potts

g7EGlWj.png

There are more than a few easter eggs to be found in the trailer footage, but one specifically gives reference to Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3.

In the film Pepper (played by Gwyneth Paltrow) is sleeping nest to Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) in a t-shirt that says "I lost an electron" with the other saying "Are you positive?" Tony is also present throughout the opening Homecoming trailer, and it turns out that Peter Parker (played by Tom Holland) has a similar fashion sense, as he's wearing the same shirt underneath his jacket as the two walk down a hallway (with Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan in the background).

I am honestly surprised that Happy Hogan is back to tell the truth.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - That Masked Robbery Scene Has Comic Roots

CHuUiU5.png

A great example of Holland's knack for Spidey's keen sense humor came in the beginning of the Homecoming trailer when he foiled an ATM robbery. Adding humor to the scene, the robbers conceal their identities by wearing masks of the Avengers: Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor. "Hey, you guys aren't the real Avengers," he quips. "I can tell, Hulk gives it away."

Aside from the spot-on witty remark, the scene is actually rooted in the comics. In an issue of Ultimate Spider-Man, during Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's spectacular run, Spider-Man/Peter Parker encountered robbers wearing masks of Captain America, Iron Man, and Batman.

I totally missed this because I was focused on Donald Glover appearing. But after grabbing two screen shots, I see what they mean.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Is This An Avengers: Age of Ultron Connection?

kwTJVpG.png

In the Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer, when Donald Glover (Community) briefly-appears, you can see him standing just off to the side of Logan Marshall-Green (Prometheus) — who is holding a high-tech weapon. Marshall-Green aims the weapon at a target, pulls the trigger, and shoots a powerful beam of some sort. We then see, after the beam hit its target, a firey explosion in a wooded area.

Okay, so what else could it be? Reddit's TheAluminumMan pointed out that the weapon could be a salvaged arm of an Ultron Sentry. In The Avengers sequel, Ultron created an army of artificially-intelligent robots that he could simultaneously control and was able move his consciousness into them in a split-second. While Ultron Sentries couldn't shoot concussive beams from their fingers like Ultron could, they could transform their arms into cannons.

Vincent D'Onofrio Says No Chance Kingpin Shows Up In SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Or Any Future Spidey Film

Don't expect Tom Holland's wall-crawler to ever tangle with Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin. The somewhat contentious relationship between Marvel TV and the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been on the record for quite some time so this new should surprise no one - but what about the Kingpin showing up in The Defenders, which is currently filming in NYC right now?

Biv6fS8.png

Dyacgo5.png

Earlier this year, Vincent stated that he already knows when Kingpin will return but he obviously can't give away the answer. The most obvious next appearance would be Jon Bernthal's Punisher series as those two clearly have unfinished business.

For young actress Zendaya, the experience was on display during an appearance on Good Morning America this week. The actress was on hand to promote a new magazine cover but, of course, the topic of her upcoming portrayal of unnamed character suspected to be a new take on Mary Jane in Marvel Studios' Spider-Man: Homecoming came about.

Zendaya quickly shut the conversation down, though.

"It's very exciting," Zendaya said. "I can't say anything because I'm not gonna get in trouble! I'm not gonna be that person that gets in trouble but I can say it's gonna be a lot of fun."

When asked if she knows the plot of the entire film or only her own scenes, Zendaya remained tightlipped.

"It's a very tight situation," the actress said. "They can't let anything out. It's Spider-Man! You know? I'm not gonna get in trouble!"

Marvel must have a very tight non-disclosure associated with this movie.

New SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Merchandising Artwork Offers Up A First Real Look At The Shocker

c8aONNLP.jpg

Even though we've already seen Bokeem Woodbine use some kind of gauntlet in the international Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer released last December, we haven't exactly received any sort of official confirmation from Marvel Studios that his character is, in fact, Herman Schultz a.k.a. the Shocker. However, assuming he is, the bigger question was whether or not he would actually be seen suiting up in the Shocker's classic black-and-yellow costume or if that reveal would be saved for the 2019 sequel. 

Well, as it turns out, yes, someone will definitely be suiting up as the Shocker when Homecoming swings into theaters this summer. Thanks to some promotional artwork spotted at the New York Toy Fair earlier today, we've received our first real look at the Shocker's fairly comic-accurate costume