• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you kidding Ebay???

19 posts in this topic

I haven't done so for quite a while, but yesterday I spent all day and put a bunch of stuff up on feebay in scheduled auctions. I spot checked a few yesterday and everything was fine. Today, I go in to check the rest and where my description, photos and terms are there is now a box to click that says "See full item Description". On some, there is a partial description and some there is nothing. You click the box and you get my info.

I spend a bit of time and give a full description along with a few simple terms of sale. I also post many large photos so they buyer can make a good decision as to exactly what they are bidding on. I have 100% positive feeback and virtually no problems ever.

Is it just me or do I see a possible problem coming with some lazy person just bidding on a single photo and minimal description? I always look carefully and read the seller's terms and description BEFORE I place a bid.

Also I really don't like their sneaky ploy at getting you to list internationally if you don't want to. It's their way of screwing intnational buyers to use their "Global Shipping" and charging them big dough to do so. If you aren't careful you end up doing something you might not really want to do.

All this and they get their 10%. Are they TRYING to put themselves and their sellers out of business? What kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are running this place??? I could go on and on but you all know what I'm saying...

It's something they are testing out. Making users have to take an additional step to view the item description makes absolutely no sense at all.

Maybe somebody could explain the logic in it? Because I don't see it.

I haven't done so for quite a while, but yesterday I spent all day and put a bunch of stuff up on feebay in scheduled auctions. I spot checked a few yesterday and everything was fine. Today, I go in to check the rest and where my description, photos and terms are there is now a box to click that says "See full item Description". On some, there is a partial description and some there is nothing. You click the box and you get my info.

I spend a bit of time and give a full description along with a few simple terms of sale. I also post many large photos so they buyer can make a good decision as to exactly what they are bidding on. I have 100% positive feeback and virtually no problems ever.

Is it just me or do I see a possible problem coming with some lazy person just bidding on a single photo and minimal description? I always look carefully and read the seller's terms and description BEFORE I place a bid.

Also I really don't like their sneaky ploy at getting you to list internationally if you don't want to. It's their way of screwing intnational buyers to use their "Global Shipping" and charging them big dough to do so. If you aren't careful you end up doing something you might not really want to do.

All this and they get their 10%. Are they TRYING to put themselves and their sellers out of business? What kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are running this place??? I could go on and on but you all know what I'm saying...

I called and asked - they're testing it because the overwhelming majority of their business is on mobile devices now.

It's something they are testing out. Making users have to take an additional step to view the item description makes absolutely no sense at all.

Maybe somebody could explain the logic in it? Because I don't see it.

I am sure it also depends on the amount of data the seller includes in their description. Minimalist descriptions will unlikely have a "click here" box.

too lazy to find a better fitting eBay thread but this one definitely makes me shake my head

so many questions as to why this exists

What's to wonder about? It's from the "creme de la creme" of his personal collection!

I'm just hoping he originally bought the book used, 'cause it is awfully worn to have been "read once or twice and then stored in a dry warm climate."

I called and asked - they're testing it because the overwhelming majority of their business is on mobile devices now.

That is what I was figuring. If there are a bunch of extra images in the full description, then that's going to load slower and eat data.

That is what I was figuring. If there are a bunch of extra images in the full description, then that's going to load slower and eat data.

I would think it would make more sense for them to push the mobile app more or create a mobile version of the site rather than screw with the desktop format. Not that ebay makes decisions that make sense...

too lazy to find a better fitting eBay thread but this one definitely makes me shake my head

so many questions as to why this exists

What's to wonder about? It's from the "creme de la creme" of his personal collection!

I'm just hoping he originally bought the book used, 'cause it is awfully worn to have been "read once or twice and then stored in a dry warm climate."

good points. I was laughing pretty hard at the following:

1) the price

2) that he ever bothered to slab this book in the first place

3) the price for that grade?

4) the fact that CGC will apparently grade/slab anything sent to them

5) the shipping they plan to use showing exactly how much they "care"..

US $8.00 Economy Shipping (USPS Media MailTM) -- 8 bucks media mail? that would be the price to send about 12 pounds.

US $12.32 Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope®) - not only is this price not using a box-- just a padded envelope which I kind of doubt it would fit into-- regardless of adding packaging -- but that they are charging over two times the rate if you got zero shipping discount.

This is just all kinds of WTF

It is a seriously screwy listing. But I have been noticing many more of these "buy it now"s in with outrageous numbers on them. Books that are basic dollar bin stuff that people put next to no information or decent pictures asking for like 50 bucks or some strange 17 shipping charge. What a pain to navigate through those listings. If only you could block from having to see certain sellers.