• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Format

9 posts in this topic

It appears to be a Beta test, but today when looking at ebay I found they've redesigned the listing pages so that when you click on an auction, after the page loads you have to click on another button to read the auction description and see any photos that are in the body. doh!

There's also a button to tell them what you think of the new design.

I remain awestruck by their stupidity.

I'm looking at on a desktop. It does look like a mobile inspired design; maybe they want to gauge response on making it a global change for all devices. Might not be visible to all users either if it's a test.

I am presently looking around on there & I still see the description below the top portion with prices & photos. They added (at least in stores) a section between the top & the description with an Amazon-like "combine more items from this seller into a package" section so you can add more stuff without going into their store. But on just a regular item from Bob Nobody Seller, it looks the same as normal on my desktop.

Dunno. Making desktop sites more like mobile sites makes sense from a coding/site-development standpoint when they do so much mobile sales, but from a user perspective, it's not so great.

I'll never understand why they put "People who viewed this item also viewed" alternative-offerings right up top. ??? It's like they're trying to bleed off a seller's potential buyer at the entrance. :mad:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. But if someone did that in front of a seller's con-booth they probably get tossed out. It's rude as hell and predatory bs. At least let a potential buyer examine a seller's offering first, and then suggest competitor's items on their way out.

It appears to be a Beta test, but today when looking at ebay I found they've redesigned the listing pages so that when you click on an auction, after the page loads you have to click on another button to read the auction description and see any photos that are in the body. doh!

There's also a button to tell them what you think of the new design.

Yes, this is one of the stupidest ideas ebay has ever foisted on us, and that's saying a lot.

I was the 'victim' of this beta-test during February, when it first happened I couldn't believe it -- ebay was making it more difficult to read the seller's description? Wha?

After checking around I found that only some ebay users were being affected, apparently it is random whether you are chosen for this 'honor'. I thought the test was ending in February, but they have apparently decided to continue the test with other users.

I used every opportunity to click on the "tell us how you like it" button and complain, but not sure how much good it did but ebay needs to know that this BS will not stand.

That happened to me yesterday and I started a thread about it. When I got home and checked it was back to normal. I did hit the other button and complained about it.

I often get buyers that just look at the ebay picture and bid. In my description, I have a few lines of simple terms, a full description of the item for sale and several very large photos. If it is not easily visible, I'm afraid there will be some serious problems from buyers too stoopid to note the listed defects.

Are these guys trying to put us and themselves out of business??? They seem to be doing a pretty good job of it!