• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Seeding Round

194 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome to the Start of the 2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament. :acclaim::news:

There are plenty of returning veteran teams so it should be a fun and competitive tournament. I'll have the seeding scans posted within 24 hours. If there are questions, maybe some of the veteran teams can answer them.

To allow more teams to play, this year will have two brackets (East and West) with 64 teams each. The winner of each bracket will compete against each other to determine the overall winner.

All books were pressed. No books were cleaned or humidified.

This round is to establish a won-loss record for each team so the bracket pairings can be set. Future head to head single elimination rounds will involve grading only four books. The scans will be posted, and the scoring and rules are listed below. :eek:

Good luck to all.... :wishluck:

_________________________________________________________________________________

The rules for this round are as follows:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your dentist about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books.

2. PM me all grades in the order they are listed and write your username. Associate the book with the grade. No grade changes are allowed after submitting your grades. Submit all nine grades at the same time.

3. Grades are due by 10pm (EST) Monday, March 9th.

4. You may PM me or ask questions in the thread. Answers will be posted in the thread so everyone has the same info.

5. Each player’s won-loss record will be determined as follows:

Spot on= 3 wins

Within .5= 2 wins

Not within .5 = 1 loss

Not within 1= 2 losses

Bonus= The third spot on grade will be granted 1 bonus win, fourth= 2 bonus wins, fifth through tenth= 3 bonus wins.

Are there any GLODS or PLODS in the group? I am assuming no books have pages missing or coupons cut out, but might there be colour touch on some, anything like that?

-slym

Are there any GLODS or PLODS in the group? I am assuming no books have pages missing or coupons cut out, but might there be colour touch on some, anything like that?

There will be books with conservation/restoration. The conservation/restoration will have no affect on the grade of the book, just the label color.

Like last year, there will be multi-cover books where I'm only looking for the grade of the outer cover, not the number on the slab.

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

This could be part of my "punishment" or not, but I am not able to send PM's and I have not received a PM for the tournament yet? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

This could be part of my "punishment" or not, but I am not able to send PM's and I have not received a PM for the tournament yet? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Click on My Stuff, then My Preferences. Make sure this is checked yes.

Accept private messages from other users?

Yes No

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

Thanks!

Yes No

That information has always remained "Yes", but when I try to PM anyone it says they have been disabled. Even if I reset the preferences it remains "disabled"! Big Brother?

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

Thanks!

Yes No

That information has always remained "Yes", but when I try to PM anyone it says they have been disabled. Even if I reset the preferences it remains "disabled"! Big Brother?

Yeah, I tried to send you the a PM and it said you were not accepting PMs.

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

Thanks!

Yes No

Yeah, they are out to get you :eyeroll: It's probably a glitch.

About 20 grades are in.

Waiting on a 100 or so.

Thanks!

Yes No

Yeah, they are out to get you :eyeroll: It's probably a glitch.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. With the blow up over the PM's timern sent out it wouldn't surprise me if the Mods blocked his PM's. That said a permanent blocking of PM's seems a bit excessive.