• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Soviet Russia, comics con you!

16 posts in this topic

Maybe it was the photographer but it seemed like the cosplay wasn't as "sexy" compared to the US, which I completely love since the people are trying to fit the character and not trying to find an excuse to show some skin.

I saw a sign in the background that said Russia Comic Con so I imagine it was a comic convention and not a gaming convention. Maybe all the cosplayers were gathered away from the dealers booths. Maybe the photographer didn't think to take photos of dealers booths. To be honest when I first joined here I thought the common practice of photographing dealers booths and their wall books was very odd. I've come to realize it's some people's favorite part of a convention and convention coverage, but at first I didn't get it. I imagine convention coverage outside the back issue collectors corner of the internet would be very different. I also imagine many convention goers never even bother with that section of the convention. Maybe there were no dealers booths because there may be no market for back issues in Russia. I doubt there are many (or any) back issues floating around Russia, so if they are consuming comics, they're probably consuming new comics, and very likely consuming them digitally. Doesn't mean a corporate booth wouldn't be set up somewhere though. And there are definitely comic fans in that crowd.