• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Someone tweet that to Mr. Jackson for me please? I don't use twitter.

Just say, Cyber and a link to a pic. I think he will be able to tell just how bad that could turn out to be

Am I the only one that is ecstatic that Jackman will be done playing Wolverine after this movie? I was hoping he would have been axed for the DOFP movie. He is and has always been completely wrong for the part.

I hear the next Wolverine will be more like the real, comic book version. Shorter, meaner, stockier, and more feral.

That would be a great way to get audiences to forget this 6'1", genteel, Abercrombie and Fitch model- version of "Wolverine" nonsense that has been Hugh Jackman thus far.

-J.

Hugh Jackman is perfect for the role of wolverine.

How is the bolded part above "perfect" for the character?

The actor's height really has nothing to do with his ability to portray the character of Wolverine, which in my opinion Jackman nails.

Yes he is tall, but with the magic of film they can compensate. Example: ever seen Lord of the Rings? How do they manage to get Elijah Wood to be the size of a hobbit? Or should they only hire midgets?

Bad example as they don't use any "magic" to make Jackman shorter in the films. His height is just one aspect of his character, kind of an important one if you've been paying attention to the character for the last 40 years 2c

Am I the only one that is ecstatic that Jackman will be done playing Wolverine after this movie? I was hoping he would have been axed for the DOFP movie. He is and has always been completely wrong for the part.

I hear the next Wolverine will be more like the real, comic book version. Shorter, meaner, stockier, and more feral.

That would be a great way to get audiences to forget this 6'1", genteel, Abercrombie and Fitch model- version of "Wolverine" nonsense that has been Hugh Jackman thus far.

-J.

The bolded part above isn't perfect for the character, ironically, the bolded part isn't a perfect description of Jackman as Wolverine either. Sure, he may not be as "feral" as he is in the comics, but people also forget that Wolverine has a soft side to him in the comics as well. Aside from Jackman's height, it's amazing how much he resembles Wolverine. He's got the acting chops to pull off the character quite nicely. With Jackman, the positive outweighs the negative.

I disagree, but that's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors.

-J.

The bolded part above isn't perfect for the character, ironically, the bolded part isn't a perfect description of Jackman as Wolverine either. Sure, he may not be as "feral" as he is in the comics, but people also forget that Wolverine has a soft side to him in the comics as well. Aside from Jackman's height, it's amazing how much he resembles Wolverine. He's got the acting chops to pull off the character quite nicely. With Jackman, the positive outweighs the negative.

Who would be your ideal actor to play Wolverine?

And on the surface, the guy is humble.

Hugh Jackman Thanks WOLVERINE Fans

Yesterday, Hugh Jackman asked X-Men fans around the globe what they would like to see in the next solo-Wolverine film. A day later, he's still combing through all of the responses but he'd like to let his fans know that he's thankful for their support, over the last sixteen years.

Hugh Jackman Facebook appreciation video

Definitely. Just makes me like him that much more.

-J.

I don't have one in mind ( unless I use a time machine ), so I guess it would have to be an unknown.

-J.

I don't have one in mind ( unless I use a time machine ), so I guess it would have to be an unknown.

if you had a time machine?

he couldnt do it now but no question about it franco columbu would have been the perfect wolverine.

i have had many talks with people about it. it always comes back to franco.

Sure, if they made wolverine movies back in the seventies.

It took Arnie till '86 to become somewhat intelligible, I suppose by then Franco could have made it too

he couldnt do it now but no question about it franco columbu would have been the perfect wolverine.

It took Arnie till '86 to become somewhat intelligible, I suppose by then Franco could have made it too

im not saying anything about his acting chops or lack there of. what im saying is he has the perfect build. he could have been the model for the character.

im not saying anything about his acting chops or lack there of. what im saying is he has the perfect build. he could have been the model for the character.

I was totally agreeing with you.

But yet not...

Come on, he's way, way, way too tall.

460656-hugh-jackman-performs-during-the-musical-theatre-pro-5585278-jpg.jpg

With a time machine, 1980's Mel Gibson, especially as he was perfect as Riggs, the "best at what he does, and what he does is kill people" ode to Wolverine. Also see Braveheart.

Short, wild hair, feral, hirsute, prone to fits of rage, very animal-like in his body type, movement and mannerisms, but still the era's sex symbol.

D1YHB9.jpg

With a time machine, 1980's Mel Gibson, especially as he was perfect as Riggs, the "best at what he does, and what he does is kill people" ode to Wolverine. Also see Braveheart.

Short, wild hair, feral, hirsute, prone to fits of rage, very animal-like in his body type, movement and mannerisms, but still the era's sex symbol.

D1YHB9.jpg

When did Wolverine become a "sex symbol" lol