• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Increased interest for CGC Signature Series Internationally?

16 posts in this topic

I was taking a look over my stores CGC Signature Series eBay sales for 2015 and noticed a huge increase in international purchases.

ALL 2013 - 15% of total sales

ALL 2014 - 18% of total sales

Jan-March 2015 - 36% of total sales

International locations listed by volume of sales

#1 - APO/AP

#2 - Canada

#3 - UK

#4 - Singapore

#5 - Germany

#6 - Denmark

Gotta give CGC huge props for heading over to the London show next week. Based on the data above they will be met with open arms and emptying wallets.

Anyone else seeing an increase in International buyers?

Canada is the birthplace of SS.

(thumbs u

I have to swing by Paradise Comics - haven't been to that store in probably 5 years.

Soon you won't recognize it. I was talking to Doug last week. They are expanding exponentially at the same location. Upper floors remodelled and incorporated. Also expanding the back of the ground floor 70 feet from the rear wall. It will look fantastic.

Cheers, Howard

Well comics are growing in popularity thanks to exposure from the tons of movies and tv shows being released that are based on comics, so I am not surprised that products/services (e.g. CGC) related to comics are also growing

In the UK, attendances at the comic cons have been growing year on year. I am certain after next weekend, the guys running London Super Comic Con will probably tell us it was another record year for attendance.

edit: in fact they have already announced they have beaten last year ticket sales

What is the average sales price of SS over the same period?

Can that really even be gauged? I would think it depends on way too many variables to be a useful number. For instance let's say I have four 9.8 Spider-Gwen #1s and they were all signed and SS'd. The first was signed by the artist, the second signed by the artist and Stan Lee, the third signed by the actress that will play her in the upcoming movie (just hypothetical, but stay with me) and the last signed by the entire movie cast and the artist and Stan Lee.

The first would be worth around $100 the second maybe $200, the third maybe $400, and the last maybe $1,000. But if you go and say average sales price of SS is $200 how is that a helpful number in gauging the books?