• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

641 posts in this topic

My Love #14

By the way, I'd be embarrassed to have this POS displayed on my "for sale" website... insane.gifscrewy.gif

55667790748.14.GIF

Jim

My Love 14 is a scarily hard book to locate. The Marvel equivalent to the legendary Young Love 69.

younglove69.jpg

My Love 14 is a scarily hard book to locate. The Marvel equivalent to the legendary Young Love 69.

Yeah, it is tough in any condition, let alone high grade. There are two halfway decent copies on the census - maybe the lucky owners would like to help a brother out? smirk.gif

Captain America Annual #2

14481892132.2.GIF

Jim

Captain America Annual #2 is odd, because it is not squarebound. It is bound just like a normal sized comic. That's probably why is it such a beeotch to locate in NM.

4 No-Prizes for you! 1 Left.

I read about the "roundbound" 25 centers in an article somewhere. There are supposedly three different issues. Anybody know what the other two are besides the Capt. America Special #2?

Here is the last one in the series... Sub Mariner Special #2. BTW, Our Love Story #13 is a 25 cent cover but not a picture frame. Here is a link to a scan-

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=83325925628%202

That's the last one. No Prize for Metarog.

25 Cent Picture Frames

Here are the other squarebounds that came out in the same time period (Nov 71-March 72) that don't have picture frame art:

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #8

Fantastic Four Annual #9

Fear #5

Iron Man Annual #2

Mad About Millie Annual #1

Marvel Feature #1

Marvel's Greatest Comics #33

Marvel Super-Heroes #31

Marvel Tales #32

Mighty Marvel Western #15

Mille the Model Annual #10

My Love Annual #1

Sgt. Fury Annual #7

Thor Annual #4

Tower of Shadows Annual #1

X-Men Annual #2

And these came out in October 1971 (No Picture Frames):

Astonishing Tales #8

Conan #10

Millie the Model #192

Monsters on the Prowl #13

Our Love Story #13

Outlaw Kid #8

Rawhide Kid #92 (?)

Sgt. Fury #92

X-Men #72

14481892132.2.GIF

Jim

Captain America Annual #2 is odd, because it is not squarebound. It is bound just like a normal sized comic. That's probably why is it such a beeotch to locate in NM.

I read about the "roundbound" 25 centers in an article somewhere. There are supposedly three different issues. Anybody know what the other two are besides the Capt. America Special #2?

Monsters on the Prowl #13 is one of them.....

Instead of just the 25-centers though, I decided to put together a collection of EVERY Picture Frame cover from this era.

Now that would be something to see - they are all tough. When you get a full list of the books please post it. tongue.gif

I'm 98% done with the list. I've counted 388 individual Marvel Picture Frame covers so far. I'll start a seperate thread soon so that some of the Bronze experts on the Board can verify it's accuracy and add in titles/issue numbers I may have missed.

WVD: Terrific collection of 25 cent Marvel giants. Your copies of FF116, ASM102 and Thor193 are fabulous. thumbsup2.gif

Here are 3 of the giants of that era that do not have the "picture-framing", and came out just before Marvel tried the framing for the first time:

conan10.jpg

MF1.jpg

Rawhide92.jpg

14481892132.2.GIF

Jim

Thanks, there are actually 4 of these roundbound 25 centers. The other two being Mighty Marvel Western #15 and My Love #14. A nice little set to have I think.

14481892132.2.GIF

Jim

Thanks, there are actually 4 of these roundbound 25 centers. The other two being Mighty Marvel Western #15 and My Love #14. A nice little set to have I think.

Well, what do you know, I have one. Never noticed the staple placement on this book.

MMW015-92.jpg

Just thought I would jump-start this cool thread with a new acquisition. Straight from a super nice collection recently acquired by the BlazingOne, I give you ladies and gents a high grade My Love # 14 (Bob called it a VF+ and who am I to argue with the Bobster?) confused-smiley-013.gif

1107949458005_MyLove14.JPG

Just thought I would jump-start this cool thread with a new acquisition. Straight from a super nice collection recently acquired by the BlazingOne, I give you ladies and gents a high grade My Love # 14 (Bob called it a VF+ and who am I to argue with the Bobster?) confused-smiley-013.gif

1107949458005_MyLove14.JPG

Man, those colors... I knew I shouldn't have taken the brown acid. insane.gif

Who did the cover btw? The hippy guy sorta looks Severin-ish.