• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #35

18 posts in this topic

This would be a pretty nice book, but the front cover has a long vertical reading crease close to the spine (not always breaking color, but I think you can see it in the scan). Some spine wear, minimal creases here and there, but is solid.

Also, pretty nice paper (pages are OWW tending to W).

Images are clickable to see larger versions.

Thanks in advance! (thumbs u

zrz0vc5h.jpg

A8L3MLch.jpg

Here’s another copy, which does not have big defects. Most can be seen in the scan, some minor creasing on the back cover. (thumbs u

This one has nice paper as well, but some of the insides are not printed with the same quality of the above (a few pages have off-register color plates) so I am undecided on which one to keep… hm

ylkIVy8h.jpg

QdnfDYdh.jpg

I agree really nice books and must for FF fans, that can actually be said from about #30 up to the end of the silver age. (thumbs u

BTW I think your other 2 books are going to fall into pretty much the same grade IMO, maybe .5 higher.

The other books in hand look definitely worse than this one: cover crumpling (here there is very little, aside from the long crease), and general wear. Without that crease this would be easily in the FN++ range.

But thanks! (thumbs u

The one with the nicer page quality is the first, but there is really very little difference: both are closer to White than to Off-White.

Problem for me is always the inconsistent quality of the printing: the second copy is obvioulsy overall better, but it has a few pages with some off-register plates and this puts me off… :(

That is the same problem that I have with other books, like the #36, of which I kept also a VGFN copy because it‘s printed greatly in the insides.

@Fin: Actually the corners are very nice in the second copy and although centering may seem a bit better in the first one, there is some miswrap at an angle: the second is more "in square". :)

The one with the nicer page quality is the first, but there is really very little difference: both are closer to White than to Off-White.

Problem for me is always the inconsistent quality of the printing: the second copy is obvioulsy overall better, but it has a few pages with some off-register plates and this puts me off… :(

That is the same problem that I have with other books, like the #36, of which I kept also a VGFN copy because it‘s printed greatly in the insides.

@Fin: Actually the corners are very nice in the second copy and although centering may seem a bit better in the first one, there is some miswrap at an angle: the second is more "in square". :)

Sounds like you have already decided on the second one (thumbs u , hard to tell this close when not in hand.