• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Overvalued Golden Age and Silver Age Books?

71 posts in this topic

Probably all of them.

Why Iron Man 1 is worth so much I have no idea. I know it says #1 on it, but to me it may as well be TOS #100.

Also, the movie hype books are a little crazy, IMHO. That's painting with a broad stroke, I know.

Some of the movie related books are a bit crazy I think most post 1967 Marvel movie keys are a little nuts right now. Especially IM1. Avengers 4 and maybe AF15 in low grade. Although AF15 is such a strong book right now.

On the non sport side Ducks are still a bit over priced especially in mid grade. I think some Archies are a bit crazy as well. Maybe some pre-code sci-fi/horror as well.

Some of the movie related books are a bit crazy I think most post 1967 Marvel movie keys are a little nuts right now. Especially IM1. Avengers 4 and maybe AF15 in low grade. Although AF15 is such a strong book right now.

On the non sport side Ducks are still a bit over priced especially in mid grade. I think some Archies are a bit crazy as well. Maybe some pre-code sci-fi/horror as well.

So what is left? GA superhero stuff?

A lot of DC stuff I think is still a good buy.

A lot of pre 67 Marvel I think are still great choices. Like FF5, or Hulk 1. DD1 is a great choice, even some Miller Daredevil (Bronze/Copper) since it's still so cheap.

There still a lot of good stuff out there.

Probably all of them.

Why Iron Man 1 is worth so much I have no idea. I know it says #1 on it, but to me it may as well be TOS #100.

Also, the movie hype books are a little crazy, IMHO. That's painting with a broad stroke, I know.

+1 on this, I took a 22 year break from the hobby 1988-2010 and the value put on IM1 was the biggest surprise to me. Traditionally this was a cheap, second rate book.

A pleasant surprise was that all of the mid grade silver FF's and ASM's I had pulled out of dollar boxes were worth good money.

On the bright side, I totally missed the 90's