• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What buy did you make that you are so glad you scooped up?

62 posts in this topic

For me a BA swan/anderson Superman page I got for $200 2 years ago

Don't think that price for those 2 artists will ever happen again.

AF 15 raw 5.0ish in the 80's for 500.00

Incredible Hulk#1 CGC 3.5 for 2500.00

Thank God I picked it up when I did. :cloud9:

Quiet you!!!

(Still trying to start that Friday thread)

AF 15 raw 5.0ish in the 80's for 500.00

Incredible Hulk#1 CGC 3.5 for 2500.00

Thank God I picked it up when I did. :cloud9:

Don't forget that Cap 109

My GSXM 1 that I picked up in the late-90's/early-00's for about 125-ish that graded at a respectable 6.0

Last year, I pulled an NYX 3 out of a 50-cent bin at a convention that graded at 9.6.

Also in the mid-00's, I picked up a run of New Mutants 60-something thru 100 for about $45. The 98 graded at 9.6 & the 87 graded at 9.2 (nothing special there) last year after just sitting in long boxes for the past decade.

Probably a few others as well.

Hulk 180 and 181 for a quarter each. Same with X-Men 94. ASM 121, 122, and 129 for 20 cents each. Same with Marvel Spotlight 5 and Hero for Hire 1. GSXM 1 for 50 cents.

Those were the days. :cloud9:

Hulk 180 and 181 for a quarter each. Same with X-Men 94. ASM 121, 122, and 129 for 20 cents each. Same with Marvel Spotlight 5 and Hero for Hire 1. GSXM 1 for 50 cents.

Those were the days. :cloud9:

Do you still have any of those books still in your collection ? If so post some pics of them if you wouldn't mind.

AF #15 picked up in the late 80s for $300.

Answered an ad in the newspaper back in the early 90s, guy was selling his collection, and would only sell a complete title. Only had enough money for one, so I picked up Uncanny X-Man #7-77.

I could probably put that last one in the "sorry I missed it" thread, too, as I could have picked up some long runs of other titles at the time if I was willing to lay out the money.