• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coverless Iron Man #55

6 posts in this topic

Happy Friday,

I was cataloging my collection the other week and stumbled across a coverless Iron Man #55 and have a couple questions.

What do people do with a book like this? I have a nice complete copy, but am curious about the market for this item as well as what would people do with it? Do they marry it with a loose cover, etc?

Am I allowed to sell on this board? I noticed the rules state that no personal paypal accounts allowed, so I'm assuming the answer is 'no'. I can't recall a time where I sold a book, at least in my adult life. But if I cannot sell here, should I place an ad on Craigslist? What you you professionals recommend?

I appreciate any and all advice. I'd like to take any small profit and it toward a run I'm trying to finish.

Hope you have a great weekend. It's finally beginning to look/feel like spring here in the DC area.

Cheers.

Happy Friday,

I was cataloging my collection the other week and stumbled across a coverless Iron Man #55 and have a couple questions.

What do people do with a book like this? I have a nice complete copy, but am curious about the market for this item as well as what would people do with it? Do they marry it with a loose cover, etc? Lot's of good info can be read here

Am I allowed to sell on this board? I noticed the rules state that no personal paypal accounts allowed, so I'm assuming the answer is 'no'. I can't recall a time where I sold a book, at least in my adult life. But if I cannot sell here, should I place an ad on Craigslist? What you you professionals recommend? And here

I appreciate any and all advice. I'd like to take any small profit and it toward a run I'm trying to finish.

Hope you have a great weekend. It's finally beginning to look/feel like spring here in the DC area.

Cheers.

Happy Friday,

What do people do with a book like this? I have a nice complete copy, but am curious about the market for this item as well as what would people do with it? Do they marry it with a loose cover, etc?

Am I allowed to sell on this board? I noticed the rules state that no personal paypal accounts allowed, so I'm assuming the answer is 'no'. I can't recall a time where I sold a book, at least in my adult life. But if I cannot sell here, should I place an ad on Craigslist? What you you professionals recommend?

Cheers.

No idea about the price. With respect to PayPal, the no "personal PP" means you can't ask for payment via the (no fee) "friends and family" option or whatever it's called. You can accept payments through regular PP, which I believe is available to everyone although it's been so long since I signed up for PP that I can't quite remember. So running a sales thread here is certainly an option for you.

And Welcome to the Boards!

Welcome Andahaion . I just read your various posts and a very nice assortment they are! (PS - love the painting!)

As regards the coverless copy, some people seek them out to marry a cover or missing pages to incomplete books they already have. They also make cool reader copies if the only one they own has been slabbed.

As sqeggs said, if you have a regular PayPal account that is fine for selling here. The PayPal personal is, for example, you went out to dinner and someone spotted you $50 for the meal. So you can send them back the $50 via PayPal Personal with no PayPal fees being charged. PayPal Personal is frowned on for selling books (or other merchandise/services) because there is no Guaranty so no way to get reimbursed should something go south.

Awesome help everyone (and thank you for the kind compliment PovertyRow). I really appreciate the assist, especially the clarification on Pay Pal. I logged into my account and saw the friends and family option you mentioned. Good to know.

I will read up and be in touch, presumably to pop my selling cherry.

Cheers.