• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw books for TRIPLE guide!!! WTF?

39 posts in this topic

Am I missing something here?

ebay auction 893whatthe.gif

ebay auction 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifscrewy.gif

Obviously the top 2 bidders have gotten in a bidding war but who pays $1300 for a RAW book that guides for $400. Some people just have too much money I guess. The seller is probably dancing a jig over this.

Looks like Steve wanted those books badly.

Is "HotForTeacher2003" a shill? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That B&B #50 looks like it has a lot of spine stress for a "NM" too. frown.gif

Obviously the top 2 bidders have gotten in a bidding war but who pays $1300 for a RAW book that guides for $400. Some people just have too much money I guess. The seller is probably dancing a jig over this.

Your mom has a lot of spine stress.

"Zinger!"

I can't imagine that the seller is stupid enough to shill to those levels, but I guess you never know. The 50 is not NM, if you can see spine stress on a small scan like that one. Plus looking through some of his other auctions, the 53 is listed as "NM" and has a chip out from the side. I'm guessing that the seller isn't a comic book guy and is just listing everything as NM. Which makes those prices even more insane.

And it all started once she agreed to be the in-home caretaker for your girlfriend. Talk about "heavy lifting." foreheadslap.gif I told her to wear a weight belt, but I should have recommended a fork lift. You know, to lift your girlfriend and also to lift her fork when it's time to feed her.

And it all started once she agreed to be the in-home caretaker for your girlfriend. Talk about "heavy lifting." foreheadslap.gif I told her to wear a weight belt, but I should have recommended a fork lift. You know, to lift your girlfriend and also to lift her fork when it's time to feed her.

1/4 oz gossip.gif

Don't you talk about Starla like that! That does it... it's time to break out the "big guns" and further sexify her! How do you like THAT, Jack?!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't get it either, from the scans not a lot of the books are NM. Yet, Steve has bought off him before and is satisfied. I dunno whats a CGC 9.0 go for -I guess I could check my own GPA account brb .... 4_12_5.gif

Well this is one of those books with very few sales listed. The most recent an 8.0 for $140 in March of 2003 - almost 2 years ago. Above that its the Pacific Coast in June of this year for 1700.

So maybe a 9.0 is worth that kind of money with the scarcity of copies out there, or at least currently graded ones. Still whats key about this issue?? Not a B AND B collector.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't get it either, from the scans not a lot of the books are NM. Yet, Steve has bought off him before and is satisfied. I dunno whats a CGC 9.0 go for -I guess I could check my own GPA account brb .... 4_12_5.gif

Well this is one of those books with very few sales listed. The most recent an 8.0 for $140 in March of 2003 - almost 2 years ago. Above that its the Pacific Coast in June of this year for 1700.

So maybe a 9.0 is worth that kind of money with the scarcity of copies out there, or at least currently graded ones. Still whats key about this issue?? Not a B AND B collector.

Comparing that book to the PC copy is like apples and oranges, as I'm sure you're aware. There is moderate to little demand for Brave And The Bold 50, unless it's a pedigree (and even then it'd have to be at least 9.4). That book is definitely not better than 9.0 judging from the scan, which in the guide is $200 - so I'd've expected it to get around that figure, if not less. The scarcity of this book in 9.0 is irrelevant.

So go figure.

Comparing that book to the PC copy is like apples and oranges, as I'm sure you're aware. There is moderate to little demand for Brave And The Bold 50, unless it's a pedigree (and even then it'd have to be at least 9.4). That book is definitely not better than 9.0 judging from the scan, which in the guide is $200 - so I'd've expected it to get around that figure, if not less. The scarcity of this book in 9.0 is irrelevant.

So go figure.

screwy.gif

I assume jbud is talking about 54 which guides for $320 in 9.0 and $420 in 9.2 and is a key, being the 1st Teen Titans appearance. But still, $1300 is crazy. Especially since GPA lists 9.4 sales at around $1100. Betting on that book being a 9.6 is screwy.gif

So go figure.

screwy.gif

Who released you into the community, gobe???

So go figure.

screwy.gif

Who released you into the community, gobe???

sorry.gif Take my $$ and throw me to the curb! sumo.gif