• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most sought after 30 & 35 cents variants?

13 posts in this topic

You have the rare and then the key books w variants

Rare: Westerns, Horror, Sgt Fury and reprints to a certain extant

Keys: Star Wars, IF 14 15, Spotlight 28, Xmen 100,

High Grade: Census is important here. eg. High grade Planet of the Apes are tough but others aren't.

The just good titles Xmen, Spiderman even Inhumans and Iron Fist

They are all pretty good.

still happy about my pick-up of a 30-cent X-Men 100 price variant for about $10 a few years back before anyone really started making a big deal about the price variants on a regular basis.

It just depends. You have set makers, high grade chasers, and completists.

Personally in the wild I have never seen any Western, Toon or War 30 or 35 centers. I have found a couple 30 cent Horror variants in the wild, but everyone was pretty beat up.

The rest are findable over time. None are easy to find. Sometimes I might go a year and find one. Granted I can buy them at shows, but I am looking for the fun of it.

There is no variant that is plentiful although I do recall something about some Marvel Super Action books that had quite a few.

Nothing trumps Star Wars currently and probably never will. Iron Fist is always in demand, but Sabretooth's popularity is not what it once was and will continue to diminish as Marvel kicks the X-men franchise to the curve for the forseeable future. If you are looking for an IF 14 variant the prices should come down some here in the next year or two. Maybe the scarcity will help keep the value, but what drove it a lot was Sabretooth.

I encourage people to look for fun and when you find one try not to jump up and down in the store. It might give them a clue what you have.

I feel sorry for those making the set. Its a long process and many times you will need to network if you ever plan to make the 35 cent variant set.

It just depends. You have set makers, high grade chasers, and completists.

Personally in the wild I have never seen any Western, Toon or War 30 or 35 centers. I have found a couple 30 cent Horror variants in the wild, but everyone was pretty beat up.

The rest are findable over time. None are easy to find. Sometimes I might go a year and find one. Granted I can buy them at shows, but I am looking for the fun of it.

There is no variant that is plentiful although I do recall something about some Marvel Super Action books that had quite a few.

Nothing trumps Star Wars currently and probably never will. Iron Fist is always in demand, but Sabretooth's popularity is not what it once was and will continue to diminish as Marvel kicks the X-men franchise to the curve for the forseeable future. If you are looking for an IF 14 variant the prices should come down some here in the next year or two. Maybe the scarcity will help keep the value, but what drove it a lot was Sabretooth.

I encourage people to look for fun and when you find one try not to jump up and down in the store. It might give them a clue what you have.

I feel sorry for those making the set. Its a long process and many times you will need to network if you ever plan to make the 35 cent variant set.

Maybe a little off topic but I seriously doubt that even if Marvel will try and eradicate x-men's popularity, they will succeed. Mutant books have sold well before movie hype and in my opinion they always will.

I too believe that Western and Horror books are the toughest of the bunch. Sure, I would LOOOOVE to own a SW1.35 but I think the Western 30s are a little more exciting to me personally.

Thanks for all the input!!

This was brought a month or so ago. Tom B. at Marvel pretty much summed it up by saying which books would you push? The ones that you get 100% of the revenue stream or a set of books that get significantly less.

I don't think they will kill the titles, but they are definitely not hyping anything X-men in the last year or two.

This was brought a month or so ago. Tom B. at Marvel pretty much summed it up by saying which books would you push? The ones that you get 100% of the revenue stream or a set of books that get significantly less.

I don't think they will kill the titles, but they are definitely not hyping anything X-men in the last year or two.

I agree with the whole monetary aspect of things (even though I really dont). But hey, it is what it is.

Still..

You and I will still always collect X-Men books

Well, then he's a world class maroon if he actually believes modern comic book sales drive movie ticket sales.

Can the guy even do basic math?

Marvel is just doing it because they're petty and somehow believe that Fox will be stupid enough to worry about some pamphlet that sells 50K when their movies are bringing in billions worldwide. lol