• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most

22 posts in this topic

I am sorry, after reading the question I could see how it was confusing. I meant what is the highest recorded sale for a single comic book ever in a public sales forum?

I'm still not sure what you mean, to be honest. Here's two examples why I'm having a hard time trying to pin down what you're looking for- Bechara and Redbeard did a pretty big deal for the MH Superman #1 in a very public manner (including news coverage) but that was really a "private" transaction. On the other hand, This book was offered for sale to the "public" but we don't know who the buyer was- Amazing Fantasy #15

Doesn't the MH Copy of Whiz 1 hold that distinction? I believe it was reported in the OS in excess of $200k, but that wasn't really an auction so maybe you're not counting that?

Its not that I am discounting those items, however an auction or similar format where cash for book are exchanged. But it is informative to know about them as well. If those are being counted then would not the marvel #1 of the Flash #1 count as the highest recorded prices for a single book ( both in the $300K range)

Its not that I am discounting those items, however an auction or similar format where cash for book are exchanged. But it is informative to know about them as well. If those are being counted then would not the marvel #1 of the Flash #1 count as the highest recorded prices for a single book ( both in the $300K range)

I never saw those reported in a publication like OS?

The Captain America #1 9.6 copy sold for $265K and I know it's not the most paid of a single comic.

West

I think that was the highest ever paid at auction. And there was last summer's 250K for the highest unrestored 7.5 Superman#1 (not to be confused with the "restored in a blue label" MH copy at 8.0. In all, there have only been a handful of 200K plus sales recorded. Many of the comics considered to be worth more have not sold in years...they just keep accruing paper value...