• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some quick advice

23 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am currently watching a couple of auctions in an effort to complete a run of a tilte I collect.

One auction has 60% of what I need, is really quite cheap, and only has a couple of hours left on the listing.

The other auction, has alot more of what I need to complete the run at 90%, but it has 6 more days left on it and is already priced at more than double the other auction in price.

The problem is: I cant afford to buy them both.

Which auction would you go for?

Artboy99

Both is the easy answer it's a shame you have excluded it. poke2.gif

If you opt for the 2nd auction and the bidding goes through the roof and the 1st auction closed at a cheap price which one would you prefer?

I would go for cheap, if you didn;t get it you have 6 more days to consider the other auction!

Depends on the rarity of the other issues as well as the value. You didn't mention whether the percent figures include values. If you're buying 60 percent in volume of the run, but it's missing some of the high $ books that perhaps are in the 90 percent auction then it would make more sense to purchase the more complete run.

Brian

The cheaper one is missing a few keys but I already have them. The more complete run would give me duplicates on them that I could potentially sell to recoup money.

The issue is I have limited funds to put towards this right at the moment..so if the 90% run goes over my budget I wont be able to get it.

Thanks all for the advice.

Artboy99

I'd go with the stuff ending soon. If you win, great, if you don't then you have a shot at the expensive stuff.

From past experience when this has happened to me I've waited for the better auction and then bidding went way too high for me and I kicked myself for missing the first auction.

That's my 12 cents.