• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waiting for issues to be resolved

52 posts in this topic

Ralph, you've always been an exceptional customer when you and I do business.

I'm very sorry this is happening to you.

If you like, I'll see DWC in just a few weeks when I go to MegaCon and will try to get your book for you.

My only question is----you paid for this job back in 2013...?

You have been waiting 2 years for the product which you paid for, 2 years ago?

That is nuts......

Even more troubling is that CGC has not caught onto Desert Wind Comics and REMOVED them from their signature submission affiliate program.That needs to be done.

You should file a mail fraud complaint with the USPS...and/or the police department of Nevada, not sure how it's done)

....and you should also send a private message to the head moderator on this board, with a link to this thread.

Taking those actions will either get you your book (or more likely) its fair market value, as it appears as though DWC sold your book to someone else.

I remember I started a thread asking if anybody had got their DWC books back as I had not. (This was a few years ago)

Apparently mine was forgotten (shipping wise) while they went on vacation. I got my book of course but did I get jumped on by some of the regular ss guys who were sticking up for DWC.

I remember I started a thread asking if anybody had got their DWC books back as I had not. (This was a few years ago)

Apparently mine was forgotten (shipping wise) while they went on vacation. I got my book of course but did I get jumped on by some of the regular ss guys who were sticking up for DWC.

And I suspect some of those guys will show up as usual.

I'm assuming this is a typo

"On March 6, 2014 I received an email from Desert Wind Comics asking if I had paid for invoice #1181552"

since the image is for invoice 1181553?

As to those asking about the cost, it was for 2 books. If you carefully look at the check memo line you can see it says ASM 116 and Web of 90. My guess is they were sent under separate invoices, one for economy and the Web was under Modern.

Questions for the OP. Did you ever get the Web back?

And I suspect some of those guys will show up as usual.

The funny thing is I dont recall saying DWC was a thief or crook I simply asked if anybody had received the books they sent in for the Stan signing but these guys were in such a rush to mount a defense of DWC, it was weird.

I kinda just assumed it was azz kissing on the part of the DWC defenders. Since I've only dabbled in getting books ss'ed the yellow label has lost its luster and had a couple of incidents where the whole ss process was too much trouble for me that I no longer sub books for that purpose.

Apparently mine was forgotten (shipping wise) while they went on vacation.

I used their services once and never again because of the "vacation" excuse...and overcharging shipping among other reasons. I hope their defenders post in this thread so those new to the forum and looking for facilitators know who to avoid.