• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - Vintage Color Guides.

30 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm interested in buying original color guides.

I'll pay good money for Silver & Bronze age Marvel and DC guides.

I've already bought some nice guides from board members but am always looking for more.

Please PM me what you have.

Was offered nice SA guides by two different boardies but they both turned out to be Ebay seller Leadpink "production proofs".

Genuine SA proofs don't have the dialogue printed on separate overlays. If we're being generous, Leadpink's may be from Modern Masterworks, reprints or foreign editions but they are definitely not from the original comics.

I'm having trouble spending my $$$ so far. :popcorn:

Well, it's not a significant issue to be sure. But assuming that it only gets one bid, they'll sell for $25 per page. Considering that these things aren't that readily available, I don't think that's so bad.

That said, I don't collect color guides and have no idea where valuations are.

Just happened to see this new listing in Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IRON-MAN-ISSUE-173-COMPLETE-COLOR-GUIDE-22-PAGES-BLACK-IRON-JUDAS-IS-A-WOMAN-/181708932048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4eb243d0

Seems very high though (for an 80s McDonnell issue)

That does seem high. I've sold a number of Iron Man guides in the #170's in the last few years and got about a quarter of that price.

I've spent over $1,000 on color guides from the boards in the last couple of weeks and picked up some awesome, vintage guides.

I've got more money to spend though so I'm waiting for your PMs.......

Are you only looking for Marvel/DC?

I recently came across a large collection of Jonny Quest OA and there were a few JQ color guides included as well. These would be for the Comico (mid-late 80's series). They appear to be complete issues.