• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link AND CC March 2015 Auctions

149 posts in this topic

Only won one book last night but I thought it may be a possible press and resub with that white strip -

Why would a miswrap make you think automatic press and resub?

I doubt someone popped a $50 booknout to resub into a $100-150 book.

After fees and costs you wouodn't break even.

I'm sure you would agree the white spines are a bit more forgiving compared to the black spines so I'm going to have to see if the book will benefit from a press to get a possible bump up to 9.8. I wouldn't have a clue how to realign a spine but its sounds way to tricky for me.

I paid $133 (including shipping) for the book and the GPA for a 9.6 is right around $160 (which I think is on the way up to $170 - $175). If I pop the book out and press it and sub it then I'm out $30 (assuming I sub it with a bunch of other books I need to sub) with a potential to have a 9.8 which has a GPA of close to $300. I'll have to see how the book looks in hand to gauge if I want to re-sub or just take the $20 - $25 profit by selling it this summer.

Only won one book last night but I thought it may be a possible press and resub with that white strip -

Roy: NM #87 in 9.8 is a $300 book nowadays. :gossip:

Personally I'd like to know how he's gonna press the white line scratch at the bottom right hand corner of the book...that would be even more impressive. (worship)

Jim

I'm assuming that scratch was on the case since there looked to be some scratching right below that. Its hard to tell in the scans but I'll see when its in hand.

Personally I'd like to know how he's gonna press the white line scratch at the bottom right hand corner of the book...that would be even more impressive. (worship)

hm

bad%20scan_zpsh1ss0h22.jpg

hm

bad%20scan_zpsh1ss0h22.jpg

Looks a long shot but I thought I saw at least one spine tick and I'd think the book wouldn't get a 9.6 with a spine tick and a scratch that breaks color.

I read his post as meaning he thinks a" special press" might push the stripe over onto the back cover.

Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Yup, I misread that. I thought he assumed he bought a book that was already a press / resub job.

And white stripe does not guarantee press / resub. Ever.

I bought 3 books from Clink this past auction.

2 graded and 1 raw.

The first was to cheap to pass Up Todd #1 cgc 9.8

The raw is a favorite cover of mine and their grading has been great in the past.

and finally Sups plus Hitler appearance

154200.jpg.c457a41790a0449368013b8f6600c9bd.jpg

154201.jpg.32b5ee5b4741f6fe1746ddb9b8bbd831.jpg

154202.jpg.7f7af0192a5b8f84bf62c6c3d0b59082.jpg