• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link AND CC March 2015 Auctions

149 posts in this topic

I went 2 for 30 last night with me being the underbidder on about 15 books. Oh well - the two I won are pretty sweet and I got them cheap so I'm happy:

Spidey%20362_zpssdrkeexk.jpg

Spidey%20363_zpsy4fs1ohh.jpg

I made a list of books to keep an eye on a few weeks ago for the ComicLink auction but nothing that I really had to have. I had a thought that maybe I could find some nice Bronze Superman related books in the 9.2 - 9.6 range for a good deal, with the intent of cracking out of the holders to add to my raw collection. This was naive on my part.

Sold my 9.2 over the weekend

Thought this was a VERY sharp 9.4 White. I always like to have at least two of these books in the box with the other being my 9.6.

RAD2B7FE2015212_154426.jpg

Holy...whoever wanted that SW 1 9.8 REALLY wanted it. I did not place a single bid on it but was watching. After they placed the 36th bid for $1379 the number of bids changed to 37 with the price remaining the same. They upped it to $1479 to protect their bid if not more, correct?

Holy...whoever wanted that SW 1 9.8 REALLY wanted it. I did not place a single bid on it but was watching. After they placed the 36th bid for $1379 the number of bids changed to 37 with the price remaining the same. They upped it to $1479 to protect their bid if not more, correct?

Not really....that sale sucked for the seller.

Last 3 copies sold between $1800-2k on eBay.

Always use eBay to sell hot books....comiclink bidders are usually the brighter/smarter side of the hobby.

Always use eBay to sell hot books....comiclink bidders are usually the brighter/smarter side of the hobby.

No idea- last year I picked up a 9.4 and 9.6 when Marvel announced the publication release for their SW books. At that time 9.8's were $500-600? and a risky purchase to me at the time for the number of that book floating around.

Only won one book last night but I thought it may be a possible press and resub with that white strip -

Why would a miswrap make you think automatic press and resub?

I doubt someone popped a $50 booknout to resub into a $100-150 book.

After fees and costs you wouodn't break even.

Only won one book last night but I thought it may be a possible press and resub with that white strip -

Why would a miswrap make you think automatic press and resub?

I doubt someone popped a $50 booknout to resub into a $100-150 book.

After fees and costs you wouodn't break even.

Roy: NM #87 in 9.8 is a $300 book nowadays. :gossip:

Personally I'd like to know how he's gonna press the white line scratch at the bottom right hand corner of the book...that would be even more impressive. (worship)

Jim

No idea- last year I picked up a 9.4 and 9.6 when Marvel announced the publication release for their SW books. At that time 9.8's were $500-600? and a risky purchase to me at the time for the number of that book floating around.

Last year was a long time ago. They push 2k nowadays, and 9.6's are $500 books.

Jim