• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help? SCS on my ASM #1

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Posted this in the Ask CGC forum to get an official response but thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced something like this?

I just looked at my ASM #1 today and saw that a tiny piece of the cover had torn and separated from the book. Although I did not notice this when I bought it, I can only imagine that it occured during shipping since I have had it sitting in my cabinet for the whole time I have owned it.

I'm wondering what my options are in terms of reholdering this without the piece in there? Is it likely to effect the books grade? I've never experienced this before so any insight would be great and much appreciated.

Geoff

1EA85FD8-8D30-44E9-B40E-B7ADB90F2C4E_zpspqxiulrz.jpg

Doesn't look like classic SCS to me. SCS would result in dented, bent or rounded corners/edges. This looks more like the book is brittle and the edges are chipping off. In other words, the damage does not appear to be from the comic impacting the edges of the case.

It looks like the result of Marvel chipping rather than the cover being brittle. That tiny piece was probably just hanging on and got detached either during the encapsulation process or when the book was shipped from CGC or from the seller to you. I doubt it would affect the grade.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

If I submitted this to be reholdered would they remove the piece for me?

Or am I better off just leaving it. I'm looking to upgrade pretty soon anyway.

Cheers

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

If I submitted this to be reholdered would they remove the piece for me?

Or am I better off just leaving it. I'm looking to upgrade pretty soon anyway.

Cheers

I would just leave it.