• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listen up, newbs!

165 posts in this topic

If you're going to start posting here, you better decide if you're in it for the long haul. Don't just come traipsing in with your witty charm, your easy-going manner, and your dashing, rugged good books, and get everyone to fall madly in love with you, only to leave us high and dry when you get bored. If you're going to come here all "la de dah, I can make you love me, then I'll break your heart by waltzing right out of your life, without so much as a 'by your leave', ha ha!", then don't even open that door.

Because, frankly, I'm tired of seeing the names of people I really liked, who no longer post here. And I even know some of them are lurking, too!

:mad:

Don't you go breaking my heart, too!

:cry:

(This post is only half serious. I'll let you decide which half.)

DarthDiesel :sorry:

Watson :sorry:

Bleeker Bob :sorry:

RedHook :sorry:

.... and the show must go on...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's just a ton bunch, ain't there...?

Is this what the internet has brought us to...? It's been around for an entire generation, now...will it just be littered with haunted memories and wasted dreams...?

Every time someone bumps an old thread, I see names that are no longer here.

:(

...and those who have passed..RIP

I miss Watson and Comicopolis snarling each other...

If you're going to start posting here, you better decide if you're in it for the long haul. Don't just come traipsing in with your witty charm, your easy-going manner, and your dashing, rugged good books, and get everyone to fall madly in love with you, only to leave us high and dry when you get bored. If you're going to come here all "la de dah, I can make you love me, then I'll break your heart by waltzing right out of your life, without so much as a 'by your leave', ha ha!", then don't even open that door.

Because, frankly, I'm tired of seeing the names of people I really liked, who no longer post here. And I even know some of them are lurking, too!

:mad:

Don't you go breaking my heart, too!

:cry:

(This post is only half serious. I'll let you decide which half.)

Who you calling a noob sucka?

I'll be around as long as it is still fun. (mostly over in GA though)

One of the most tragic lines in the entire Middle Earth mythos is this:

"These were the fading years of the Eldar. For long they were at peace, wielding the Three Rings while Sauron slept and the One Ring was lost; but they attempted nothing new, living in memory of the past."

Doesn't that sum it up...? Is this what old age is like, attempting nothing new, living in memory of the past....?

hm

On the brighter side...I saw this in the middle of the night last night, and it really made me quite happy:

It was very heartwarming.

"These were the fading years of the Eldar. For long they were at peace, wielding the Three Rings while Sauron slept and the One Ring was lost; but they attempted nothing new, living in memory of the past."

Doesn't that sum it up...? Is this what old age is like, attempting nothing new, living in memory of the past....?

hm

On the brighter side...I saw this in the middle of the night last night, and it really made me quite happy:

....this is all so true......old age can be so retro...... I'm listening to The Beatles "Live at Shea Stadium" while going through Auction withdrawal ....even though there's a whole 'nother night of newer books..... mind you, the one's that still likely have some growth potential...... and I'm old enough to know this, yet still I cling to the past (shrug) GOD BLESS...

..... this internet..... it's so easy to throw something out there and then, to no avail, regret.....

hm

Huh, I needed that video right now.... good stuff