• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listen up, newbs!

165 posts in this topic

Jimmers! Keeping the thread alive I see.

I'm good at that. Plus,i keep on thinking of folks that were nice to me way back when that I dont see anymore .I really take things to heart,.Hey memories are what keep so many people keeping this wonderful hobby\lifestyle alive!

One person I miss is cd4ever and his always entertaining sales threads. Probably 1/3 of my current collection was purchased from John. Drunken impulse comic purchases rule!!

John is selling on eBay recently, and apparently reluctant to take the beat-downs that occur frequently around here.

I miss his epic, pizz-cans-by-the-computer, sales threads. :(

One person I miss is cd4ever and his always entertaining sales threads. Probably 1/3 of my current collection was purchased from John. Drunken impulse comic purchases rule!!

John is selling on eBay recently, and apparently reluctant to take the beat-downs that occur frequently around here.

I miss his epic, pizz-cans-by-the-computer, sales threads. :(

Boooo!See,that irks me...I was thinking his name also....and not here because of pile ups?A shame!I've actually a very good friend here from someone that resold(at the same price) one of CDs books,and told me great tales of wondrous threads.

Can't remember the last time I saw foolkiler either.

If you're going to start posting here, you better decide if you're in it for the long haul. Don't just come traipsing in with your witty charm, your easy-going manner, and your dashing, rugged good books, and get everyone to fall madly in love with you, only to leave us high and dry when you get bored. If you're going to come here all "la de dah, I can make you love me, then I'll break your heart by waltzing right out of your life, without so much as a 'by your leave', ha ha!", then don't even open that door.

Because, frankly, I'm tired of seeing the names of people I really liked, who no longer post here. And I even know some of them are lurking, too!

:mad:

Don't you go breaking my heart, too!

:cry:

(This post is only half serious. I'll let you decide which half.)

so good that comic related tv and movies are gone from comics general, we need more threads like this.

could be worse, could be about Marvel's new clothing line

good threads/bad threads, good posters, annoying posters

that's what makes this a community, get used to it and stop person_without_enough_empathying so much about the movie thread forum, it's done. get over it.

could be worse, could be about Marvel's new clothing line

good threads/bad threads, good posters, annoying posters

that's what makes this a community, get used to it and stop person_without_enough_empathying so much about the movie thread forum, it's done. get over it.

You are missing the point. It's guys like you, and the many others in here that I have blocked, that are whats wrong with these boards. If those are the kind of people that stopped posting because new people overran their little imagined fiefdom. AWESOME.

Herd all the ego tripping delusion clique members who think they run the show here into the Water Cooler, lock the door, and blow it off the side of the ship. good riddance to bad rubbish.

that's funny cause I heard it's guys like you that is wrong with the boards.

who to believe :ohnoez:

I'm a pretty simple guy Janet, I dont like bullies, I dont like nerds with egos, and I dont like people who try to squelch other people's free speech. A person who joined yesterday, is just as important as a person who joined in 02 and 50,000 posts.

I lurked here for something in the 7-9 YEAR range before finally posting, (I started posting after I finally yielded and bought a CGC comic, very much an anti-slab person for many years). I love how much it bugs certain people when I point it out. It's laughable how many people on here are so mal-adjusted that they think the numbers under their avatar matters or has value.

Bring on the newbs, down with dbag trolling ego tripping delusional cliques.

that's funny cause I heard it's guys like you that is wrong with the boards.

who to believe :ohnoez:

I'm a pretty simple guy Janet, I dont like bullies, I dont like nerds with egos, and I dont like people who try to squelch other people's free speech. A person who joined yesterday, is just as important as a person who joined in 02 and 50,000 posts.

I lurked here for something in the 7-9 YEAR range before finally posting, (I started posting after I finally yielded and bought a CGC comic, very much an anti-slab person for many years). I love how much it bugs certain people when I point it out. It's laughable how many people on here are so mal-adjusted that they think the number under their avatar matters or has value.

Bring on the newbs, down with dbag trolling ego tripping delusional cliques.

what does this have anything to do with what you are saying? who's doing any of that. You're the one that came into this thread and pointed out how it wasn't a good thread and took the opportunity to reiterate your position on the Movie Thread.

It would appear to me that the owners of this forum, agreed with that decision.

You're the one with the problem. You keep making generalizations, what have you ever done on these boards? you make uninformed posts, share your diluted opinion like the rest of us. Maybe throw an insult at a board member here and there. you like to talk a lot but you're just the same as everyone else, except you issue is with the vets and not the newbs.

sooner or later you'll hit 10k, maybe get a custom title, and then you'll throw pennies at the newbs like the rest of us.

A person who joined yesterday, is just as important as a person who joined in 02 and 50,000 posts.

This just isn't correct. Sorry. :sorry:

There are people that have devoted hours and days of their lives to this community. Whether it's charity threads or giving back threads or sharing information/knowledge. Whatever it is. They've been here for years.

Someone that just happened upon this place from eBay trying to find a place to squeeze every last bit of profit from their latest Marvel Variant cover isn't "as important". That's such a BS statement.