• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Final Round

83 posts in this topic

With those books, I can't imagine we will tie.

I know with my grades, I'm either going to look like a genius or a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

+1

Woot

And my ramblings

Another extremely tough round for a Final...and sure to make sure we won't score the same.

Captain Marvel 54: Final Grade 9.4

Looks 9.6/9.8 at first glance and in the small scans I'd agree. The question is how much to take off for the goo and little letters in the upper left corner. Was going to say 9.6, then saw the micro edge tear on the right and went to 9.4. Who the heck really knows

Iron Man 56: Final Grade 9.2

Want to call this a 9.6 all day long but that back cover foxing on the upper edge is a tough defect and many people dislike it. The question again is how much do we deduct from an otherwise beautiful book. I'm hoping no more than I've done.

Mystery Tales 3: Final Grade 3.0

I really really want to call this a 2.5 with all the tears and the water type marks, but the back is pretty solid for a low grade so I'm thinking CGC was a little soft on the number of tears and such. I guess if I think like that it could be as high as a 3.5, but really, it's not.

Xmen 94: Final Grade 6.0

I had this ranging from 6.5-7.5 at first from the small scans based upon all the spine tics alone, then I looked and saw the mildew type damage at the bottom, and struggled with the range from 5.5-6.5. My final grade that I circled is 6.0, but I wouldn't be happy buying that as a 6.0, so I dropped it to a 5.5. Could be my downfall. Just did a final look and decided it was a very tight copy otherwise and went back to 6.0. Buying raw wouldn't be happy at that, but I think that's where CGC landed it.