• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Star Wars #68 expensive compared to 67 and 69?

43 posts in this topic

I believe the reason this book is valuable is because the cover shows a Mandalorian that most of the comic book world assumes its Boba Fett. They believe this is, as stated above, a "reintro" of Boba Fett. Surprisingly enough, its not Boba Fett on the cover or in the issue at all.

The character is actually a different Mandalorian named Fenn Shysa.

This link could probably give more of an in depth explaination. Hope this helps.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_68:_The_Search_Begins#app_characters

If memory serves, #42 is technically his first appearance as he appears on the cover but no mention or image within story. #68 has him on the cover as well as the interior context and is more regarded as his "real" first appearance. Someone that knows for sure or has the books within reach can confirm this.

I believe the reason this book is valuable is because the cover shows a Mandalorian that most of the comic book world assumes in Boba Fett. They believe this is, as stated above, a "reintro" of Boba Fett. Surprisingly enough, its not Boba Fett on the cover or in the issue at all.

This link could probably give more of an in depth explaination. Hope this helps.

Or, there's this. News to me. (shrug)

I find it kind of ridiculous to tell the truth. The first appearance is in ESB or if you have a card back with the mails way.

For example, I would rather own a production cel from Batman the Animated Series featuring Harley Quinn's first appearance rather than Batman Adventures 12 in a 9.8.

I find it kind of ridiculous to tell the truth. The first appearance is in ESB or if you have a card back with the mails way.

For example, I would rather own a production cel from Batman the Animated Series featuring Harley Quinn's first appearance rather than Batman Adventures 12 in a 9.8.

jkubi.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

jkubi.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Yup - I dabble in animation -

Actually looking forward to this upcoming heritage auction as there are a couple of pieces I am pretty serious about winning.

Actually I would rather have a good cel from that episode of Batman Adventures too. Do those ever pop up?

I believe the reason this book is valuable is because the cover shows a Mandalorian that most of the comic book world assumes its Boba Fett. They believe this is, as stated above, a "reintro" of Boba Fett. Surprisingly enough, its not Boba Fett on the cover or in the issue at all.

Where does the Marvel Super Special 16 fit into this?