• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR MATT STOCK!! PLEASE PAY YOUR 5 YEAR DEBT!!!

151 posts in this topic

Funny, it was there. If I follow the link it says 2 comments and then when you click on it there's only the one original.I just said I was interested if he would give me five year terms.

I still see your comment on the piece.

What a fascinating thread.

:popcorn:

Good luck on getting your money, Romitaman. I had to chase down one seller for 8 years before it was finally resolved, and he didn't do the resolving...his friends did.

And another seller (Rick Berry), I took to small claims court and WON...still hasn't paid.

People get so silly.

Mike

He had a couple of pieces that I was very interested in the last auction but a bunch of friends and I decided to not deal with him anymore.

The reason that he might not care if his reputation is tarnished is because buyers are protected by Ebay and as long as most collectors can get their comic art fix, I guess they are either not bothered if they purchase from thieves or do not know of his reputation. I for one think it sets a very dangerous precedence if we keep dealing with him. So in the future, would it also be OK buying stolen art? If we keep dealing with him either buying or selling, we are essentially enabling such behavior. Worse, I can potentially see if his art prices suffer because of a wide collector boycott, some unscrupulous collectors might buy his artwork for below market and then try to flip it. Not trying to start a witchhunt here but if I see a pattern of such behavior, I would boycott those auctions too.

YES!

As of today........Matt Stock has still not contacted me whatsoever to resolve this matter sadly......

A collector who buys art from me, told me that he emailed Matt Stock through his E-bay listings and asked him why he wont resolve the matter with me amicably.......and that he like shis art for sale......but that he wont buy any art from Matt Stock until he resolves the situation with me.....

And Matt responded back to him saying..."If you don't like my art then don't buy it."

I've had a few friends and acquaintances who are close with Matt Stock talk to him on my behalf to try to resolve the matter...but again...sadly....Matt Stock has not emailed me or contacted me in any way.

Maybe our paths will cross at the San Diego Con or the New York Show in October and we can try to resolve it face to face...........

It still boggles my mind why a guy would want to ruin his reputation in such a close knit hobby he is VERY ACTIVE IN, over 2 grand.....but everyone has their own reasons i guess?

Mike

Mike

He had a couple of pieces that I was very interested in the last auction but a bunch of friends and I decided to not deal with him anymore.

The reason that he might not care if his reputation is tarnished is because buyers are protected by Ebay and as long as most collectors can get their comic art fix, I guess they are either not bothered if they purchase from thieves or do not know of his reputation. I for one think it sets a very dangerous precedence if we keep dealing with him. So in the future, would it also be OK buying stolen art? If we keep dealing with him either buying or selling, we are essentially enabling such behavior. Worse, I can potentially see if his art prices suffer because of a wide collector boycott, some unscrupulous collectors might buy his artwork for below market and then try to flip it. Not trying to start a witchhunt here but if I see a pattern of such behavior, I would boycott those auctions too.

Some of us were already boycotting his auctions due to the thread on the comicart-l where multiple collectors came forward with suspicion that Matt Stock was shilling his own eBay auctions. I'm 99% sure he was shilling a few auctions I bid on, before I had even read the thread on the list. If anybody wants some more info, feel free to PM me.

This guy is unethical, morally bankrupt and is just plain stealing money from anyone that isn't careful enough. Just stay away from him.