• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Hulk #181 - GRADED IN!!!

60 posts in this topic

The book presents very well. The corner crease and the lower left corner are obvious. I'm more worried about the considerate amount of small color-breaking creases around the spine. My guess is a CGC 7.5, but personally I'm leaning more towards 7.0.
:wishluck:

Just had to comment on the MYCOMICSHOP AKA Lone Star Comic comment

about the lowball grades

I sent in some of my Walking Dead duplicates to be auctioned (read once and bagged and boarded) - they were grading them from 5.5 to 7.5

I didn't expect 9.8 grades but come on now - on low end maybe 8.5-9.0.

I had this happen a few times and just to test to see if it just wasn't me I removed a Spider-Man #300 I had graded CGC 7.0. Removed it, bagged and boarded and sent in for auction to see what would happen.

They said it graded at a 1.0!!!!

I really would like to send them more stuff to auction off but it they aren't even following their own "How to Grade" guidelines

Just had to comment on the MYCOMICSHOP AKA Lone Star Comic comment

about the lowball grades

I sent in some of my Walking Dead duplicates to be auctioned (read once and bagged and boarded) - they were grading them from 5.5 to 7.5

I didn't expect 9.8 grades but come on now - on low end maybe 8.5-9.0.

I had this happen a few times and just to test to see if it just wasn't me I removed a Spider-Man #300 I had graded CGC 7.0. Removed it, bagged and boarded and sent in for auction to see what would happen.

They said it graded at a 1.0!!!!

I really would like to send them more stuff to auction off but it they aren't even following their own "How to Grade" guidelines

I certainly don't mean to derail Jolly's thread(I'm in the 7.0 camp for the Hulk 181 btw), but under what reasonable circumstances could a book drop in grade from 7.0 to 1.0?

yeah sorry I know this is for grading I just saw the comment and thought I'd share.

under the "grader notes" that were attached when I asked for it to be sent back they said they don't agree with CGC most of the time but to be graded a 7.0 was incorrect to the point of negligence and maybe my book got somehow switched with a 7.0 encapsulated one.

I looked it over and maybe the CGC graders were being a little generous with a 7.0 (probably should have been a 6-6.5 at best) but I'm sure you've seen a 1.0

and those things are hanging by a thread normally and this was far from it.

I still am amazed at how they came up with that grade looking at that book.

Cover had gloss, staples tight, some stress on spine, back was a little more worn than front etc. but still overall decent copy.

I should put it on the site and see what others think it should be

Sorry one last thing as didn't want to seem like everything was negative

I feel I have to also add that besides this with what seems to be there own standard of grading that otherwise really smooth and auctions did do really with them for the comics I did leave in auction with them.

I also think even though sometimes they grade low - since they have really good scans that buyers can zoom in on that you can see that it should be higher and bid accordingly. That's why in the past and right now if they are off a little of my estimate I leave them. It's just sometimes like mentioned before they just seem to be too far off and end up having to have a lot of what I send them returned.

Let you know that CGC didn't ship my book today after 7 business days (Express Tier). I was told that will be few more business days. I am extremely disappointed that I paid too much money for their lame delay. I hope they will give some money back to me and bump it to the standard tier fee.

Let you know that CGC didn't ship my book today after 7 business days (Express Tier). I was told that will be few more business days. I am extremely disappointed that I paid too much money for their lame delay. I hope they will give some money back to me and bump it to the standard tier fee.

Good luck on that. I've got one in express too, so we'll see what TAT I get.

that's because you aren't cool like me (6 business days :banana: )

that's because you aren't cool like me (6 business days :banana: )

Can't fathom myself! :taptaptap: