• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

I'll also be set up at Albany Comic Con in NY tomorrow (June 7th)....and just like East Coast Comic Con, I am offering a RAK to any boardie who stops by my tables and introduces himself

....pick a comic out of my $10 boxes, whichever you like and it's on me.

The difference this time around is that there is NO LIMIT on the amount of RAK's I will give out to boardies.

RAK's for all, I say....and NOT just the first 12 boardies who stop by my table/booth.....just stop by and say at any shows that I am set up at , introduce yourself and claim a RAK <3

RAK x 3!!! Free shipping in the US….outside PM me!

First :takeit: wins!

RAK #1 - Convergence Part One (AKA Crisis on Infinite Earths)

4elM4yxl.jpg

RAK #2 - The book formally known as Ultimate X-Men (Volume One)

eUEep5Cl.jpg

RAK #3 - Marvel Action Hour DVDs - Relive your childhood when you used to get up at 5am on a Saturday for cartoons!

nPOkup4l.jpg

:takeit:

Here's a RAK for a Beatles completest:

001_zps19mzgojl.jpg

Sick 1969 Annual ....Ringo cover and it may have a Beatles story, as well....haven't read it so I dunno.

Just thought it would make for a pretty cool RAK.

It's around a GD+, the cover is detached at the staples.

Shipping in the US is on me.

I'll ship internationally,I'd only ask that international shipping to be covered by any overseas boardie who may want this mag.

The only stipulation is that you cannot be/have ever been on, the Probation or HOS lists.

And of course, if you have already claimed a RAK recently, don't be a greedy wanker and claim this RAK because that would pretty much defeat the purpose of the thread itself....

Edit:

Maybe the cover is attached at the staples, looks like it is in the scan I took of the mag.

Either way, it's free (thumbs u

No takers?

I'll add another cool novelty 60's mag to go along with this mag on Monday.

Apparently the Sick mag with a drugged out looking Ringo on the cover isn't sparking much (any?) interest so I'll throw in a couple of other esoteric mags.For whomever wants them, on top of the Sick (Beatles cover) .....

I'll cover shipping in the US for this lot of 3 mags.

I'm offering up copy of Grin # 1 from 11/1972.........in FN+ grade......front and rear cover art by Jack Sparling with a renderings of Nixon as Budha on the front ...and another painted Nixon rendering of him as Robin Hood with a timely liberal leaning poem next to Nixon titled "Robbin' Hood"

Here is a link to a copy on ebay....just using this for a visual reference point. My copy is a solid 6.0, this one is raggy VG-ish ..... just figured I'd save some time with trying to find my camera's UB adapter, or whastever it's called...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Grin-Political-Satire-Magazine-1-All-in-the-Family-Jack-Sparling-NIXON-/361038576933?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540f937d25

And here's a third mag for the RAK receipient.....

Adventure Illustrated # 1 from 1981

Jim Starlin cover with Bill Sienkiewicz and Don Heck interior artwork....

My copy is a VG+(presents like a FN but has rust migration at the staples, no water staining is present and the book lies flat.....once again, I am only using this listing as a example, this listing is not my copy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADVENTURE-ILLUSTRATED-1-Winter-1981-By-Sienkiewicz-Sutton-Boyette-etc-/231560263658?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ea1137ea

Aaaaaaand If these 3 don't get any takers , I'll throw in a 70's horror mag with pre-code reprints....

You get that this isn't PIF, right?

You're not on any sort of "hot seat" and there's no need to get something claimed. I'm referring to your comment: "If these 3 don't get any takers, I'll throw in a 70's horror mag."

It's just a free offering thread. Throw in the 70's horror mag if you want to give something away out of a genuine sense of giving - not just to "get something claimed." ;)

OK, I've got a full set of 51...

DC: Countdown Final Crisis.

All 51 comics look to be in "read once" condition. They're really nice.

I'll ship them anywhere in the US.

P1090998_zpseqem9lcy.jpg

My nephew was over and saw this Crisis stack sitting on the desk. He showed some interest so I'm going to take them down from the RAK thread and give them to him (still technically a RAK, but just not on the boards). Maybe I can get him interested in collecting comics

RAK x 3!!! Free shipping in the US….outside PM me!

First :takeit: wins!

RAK #1 - Convergence Part One (AKA Crisis on Infinite Earths)

4elM4yxl.jpg

RAK #2 - The book formally known as Ultimate X-Men (Volume One)

eUEep5Cl.jpg

RAK #3 - Marvel Action Hour DVDs - Relive your childhood when you used to get up at 5am on a Saturday for cartoons!

nPOkup4l.jpg

:takeit:

To clear this up, Johnny U is only taking the Crisis TPB…the Ultimate X-Men TPB and DVDs are still available if anyone wants them.

Just wanted to give back to this awesome thread.

I met Dan Jurgens this year at Denver Comic Con. He was kind enough to sign all of my Booster Gold 1's. He even signed the graded ones on the case. Anyway I am offering one here to any hardcore Booster Gold fan out there. USA free shipping. No probes or HOSers.

Booster%20Gold_zpskwjubyji.jpg

booster%20gold%20auto_zpscopg97wx.jpg

Wow!!

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Please give this to someone who will love it and not list it on eBay as soon as they get it! Very generous of you! (worship)

+1,000

I met Dan Jurgens this year at Denver Comic Con. He was kind enough to sign all of my Booster Gold 1's. He even signed the graded ones on the case. Anyway I am offering one here to any hardcore Booster Gold fan out there. USA free shipping. No probes or HOSers.

That is a sweet looking book. Very awesome RAK

:takeit: Very cool, if still available

:takeit: Very cool, if still available

^^