• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Madness Grading Contest

616 posts in this topic

First book will be posted in the morning. When everyone PMS me their grade then we will see who advances to the next round and who has been eliminated. In the event of tie between 2 players there will be overtime.

The one closest to the grade wins.

First book will be posted in the morning. When everyone PMS me their grade then we will see who advances to the next round and who has been eliminated. In the event of tie between 2 players there will be overtime.

Closest in terms of absolute value? Or grading levels? e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?

Sorry artboy99... nothing personal.... just a hypothetical example... not trying to portray you as the loser that you will be in Round 1 or anything.... poke2.gif

Closest in terms of absolute value? Or grading levels? e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?

Sorry artboy99... nothing personal.... just a hypothetical example... not trying to portray you as the loser that you will be in Round 1 or anything.... poke2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Get the scenarios out of the way so nikkos won't have to BS his way out the next time! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Get the scenarios out of the way so nikkos won't have to BS his way out the next time! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you use grading levels, watch for Greggy to point out that there's a 9.5 grade when it would work to his advantage! gossip.gifsumo.gif

Sal's goin' down!!!

(Who's Sal?)

me! i am Sal! and i'm going down!!!11!1! suckah! yeah!@!!one!!

wait...something's not right here

e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?

In your e.g. Artboy99 would bite the dust and you would advance.

Another e.g. the book is a 9.4, you guess 9.2 and artboy99 guesses 9.6 you guys tie and you go into OT.

e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?

In your e.g. Artboy99 would bite the dust and you would advance.

Another e.g. the book is a 9.4, you guess 9.2 and artboy99 guesses 9.6 you guys tie and you go into OT.

That's going to suck on 9.0 books. frown.gif

Unless you have any 9.9s, 9.0 is the only cut-off that works like that.

*Must not undergrade*

*Must not undergrade*

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

That's going to suck on 9.0 books. frown.gif

Unless you have any 9.9s, 9.0 is the only cut-off that works like that.

*Must not undergrade*

*Must not undergrade*

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Dont undergrade gossip.gif

So if the book is a 9.0, I guess 8.5 and my opponent guesses 9.4, he wins even though I am closer on the letter grade? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Not sure about that rule....

8.5 would win over 9.4. 8.5 & 9.2 would be a tie.

Just read Nikos post above. I'm confused. confused.gif