• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Madness Grading Contest

616 posts in this topic

So if the book is a 9.0, I guess 8.5 and my opponent guesses 9.4, he wins even though I am closer on the letter grade? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Not sure about that rule....

8.5 would win over 9.4. 8.5 & 9.2 would be a tie.

Read the above posts....

"e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?"

"In your e.g. Artboy99 would bite the dust and you would advance."

So if the book is a 9.0, I guess 8.5 and my opponent guesses 9.4, he wins even though I am closer on the letter grade? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Not sure about that rule....

Read the above posts....

"e.g., CGC 9.0 book. I guess 9.2, artboy99 guesses 8.5. Both off by one grading level, so is that a Tie? Or does artboy99 bite the dust on that one because he's off by .5 and I'm off by only .2?"

Read my above post.... wink.gif

Just read Nikos post above. I'm confused. confused.gif

Right, that's why I am asking. By the above logic, a 9.4 would beat an 8.5 on a 9.0 book b/c it is .1 closer numerically, even though a 9.4 is off by 2 letter grades as opposed to an 8.5 which is only off by one. confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

Read the above posts....

Read my above post.... wink.gif

Faster on the draw.... frustrated.gif

Right, that's why I am asking. By the above logic, a 9.4 would beat an 8.5 on a 9.0 book b/c it is .1 closer numerically, even though a 9.4 is off by 2 letter grades as opposed to an 8.5 which is only off by one. confused-smiley-013.gifconfused.gif

It begins... tonofbricks.gif

Good luck on this one Niko - We got some friggin' geniuses here! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gif

And exactly how many PM's can we send/recieve here on the board??

Nikos will reach that limit in 1 day once the contest starts.

893blahblah.gif

Ze-

Good luck on this one Niko - We got some friggin' geniuses here! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gif

And exactly how many PM's can we send/recieve here on the board??

Nikos will reach that limit in 1 day once the contest starts.

893blahblah.gif

Ze-

You got it Z! 27_laughing.gif I don't envy THAT mailbox! insane.gif

Doesn't make sense to me either...hopefully Nikos will post the rules in the 1st round thread and not leave them buried somewhere in this thread as I've not been able to keep up with the nonsense here! foreheadslap.gif

excellent point!!!!!!!!

i would have bet the ranch that the answer would have been a simple "both guesses are one grade apart - TIE - just like in the last grading contest..... confused.gif

excellent point!!!!!!!!

i would have bet the ranch that the answer would have been a simple "both guesses are one grade apart - TIE - just like in the last grading contest..... confused.gif

And we all know how smoothly that one went... hi.gifpoke2.gif

yay.gif

excellent point!!!!!!!!

And we all know how smoothly that one went... hi.gifpoke2.gif

yay.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

you know how it goes - the human mind has a marked tendency to only remember the "good times"......i guess there was much weeping/whining/withdrawing/etc..... devil.gif