• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To sell package deals

43 posts in this topic

I am finally going to sell away from cons...so I usually do great deals as a package. Example I plan on doing Hulk 180 181 182 all cgc with various add ons including a one of a kind Hulk wolverine cgc ss item, highest graded follow ups and sutch. For around 2k. M separately I can do better but I like the package deals. At cons a few of us do this and have fun creating the packages. Do you think package deals will be accepted on these boards?

Some are just two books some are like 20. Thoughts

The more stuff you add, typically the lower the price will be. Everyone wants keys, but the more other stuff you add, the more specific the buyer will have to be. For instance you will need a wolverine fan with a few thousand to spend but doesn't already have what you're selling. Unless you hope to sell to a dealer, who generally want better resale margins.

So figure out who is likely to buy it, and market toward those people with your package

A couple of the guys on the boards do very well putting together high priced packages which include a ton of key books. I think dealers end up buying most of these at a pretty decent discount compared to pricing them out separately. Anything priced with enough meat left on the bone will sell quickly especially easy to sell key books.

I think they would do well if priced right, but "priced right" would probably mean a measure less than if you'd sold them individually. At the right ratio of discount/bulk you could get your revenue quicker than bothering with listing everything individually and not be leaving too much money on the table, but I'd personally do individual listings on higher priced merch. I think they'll be as popular here as on eBay though so if it's how you like to sell your product there's no reason not to.

Packages are fun. I may want only really want one book, but can justify some others as upgrades, and know someone I can trade the rest to.

More importantly, packages with non-key books foil the quick flippers, and that makes me very happy :)

Packages are fun. I may want only really want one book, but can justify some others as upgrades, and know someone I can trade the rest to.

More importantly, packages with non-key books foil the quick flippers, and that makes me very happy :)

Don't understand this logic. Packages usually are the bread and butter of dealers since the price for each book is usually much lower and there usually is some profit left on the table.

Don't understand this logic. Packages usually are the bread and butter of dealers since the price for each book is usually much lower and there usually is some profit left on the table.

Some people like to think that the comics they loved will go to someone who wants them and will love them equally, and/or keep their run/collection in tact.

And some people don't like the idea of someone else making a buck off of them, even though those 'flippers' have invested the time, capital, and other resources to build their knowledge, experience, connections, market, and reputation to create those arbitrage opportunities, while assuming the risk.

I personally don't care what someone does with the comics I sell, but to each their own.

I actually was going to put it in announcement Thread as well this afternoon, but I had inquiring minds here. I haven't Sold Package deals online only at shows (Just so happened to be as Andrew said Bread and Butter for Both Parties) I had a Person who was a Fan of the Blob, So I packaged an Xmen 3 CGC 8.0 with a Bunch other Blob appearances for him, when he came back around he said Wow Thanks Ill Take it). Just asking For advice, (and the Selling Discussion Board Since Thursday has been the "Avengers 57" Saga With Hector and That SF Turd Thief.

No Spam Here

Some people like to think that the comics they loved will go to someone who wants them and will love them equally, and/or keep their run/collection in tact.

And some people don't like the idea of someone else making a buck off of them, even though those 'flippers' have invested the time, capital, and other resources to build their knowledge, experience, connections, market, and reputation to create those arbitrage opportunities, while assuming the risk.

I don't sell, so I don't have an issue with someone making money off a collection. However, there is little benefit of having flippers in the market. They don't create competition for the major dealers, they just drive up the price of keys due to artificial demand, and devaluate whatever is below their interest. I'm better off selling to and buying from established dealers, because they'll buy more of what I have, stock more of what I need, and not make me worry they'll disappear into the night with my cash.

I am finally going to sell away from cons...so I usually do great deals as a package. Example I plan on doing Hulk 180 181 182 all cgc with various add ons including a one of a kind Hulk wolverine cgc ss item, highest graded follow ups and sutch. For around 2k. M separately I can do better but I like the package deals. At cons a few of us do this and have fun creating the packages. Do you think package deals will be accepted on these boards?

I like package deals because its a fast way to complete a run of something I dont feel like digging around for rare modern popular runs such as '97 Deadpool, the first Harley Quinn series, Batman new 52, to less expensive runs such as Scarlet Spider. Bronze runs such as Nova 1-25 and Warlock 1-15, vertigo such as Izombie and preacher 1-66, its a great way to pick up the entire run.

absolutely package deals and full run lots do well.

What ive found is that by splitting up the packages at my cheaper prices folks buy up the Deadpool 1,51,11,67 etc.. Harley Quinn 1,38,19 (keys) in the run right away often leaving me with the lesser desired issues that sit for months until I clearance them for $5 each

so package deals can be a a boon in that it moves inventory fast for the hotter series!

I don't sell, so I don't have an issue with someone making money off a collection. However, there is little benefit of having flippers in the market. They don't create competition for the major dealers, they just drive up the price of keys due to artificial demand, and devaluate whatever is below their interest. I'm better off selling to and buying from established dealers, because they'll buy more of what I have, stock more of what I need, and not make me worry they'll disappear into the night with my cash.

"Flippers" and dealers are weird distinctions. A dealer often "flips" books and "flippers" deal in books. What is the difference? Are you meaning people who don't care about the hobby and only want to make money? Card people?

I like package deals because its a fast way to complete a run of something I dont feel like digging around for rare modern popular runs such as '97 Deadpool, the first Harley Quinn series, Batman new 52, to less expensive runs such as Scarlet Spider. Bronze runs such as Nova 1-25 and Warlock 1-15, vertigo such as Izombie and preacher 1-66, its a great way to pick up the entire run.

What ive found is that by splitting up the packages at my cheaper prices folks buy up the Deadpool 1,51,11,67 etc.. Harley Quinn 1,38,19 (keys) in the run right away often leaving me with the lesser desired issues that sit for months until I clearance them for $5 each

so package deals can be a a boon in that it moves inventory fast for the hotter series!

I could be wrong but I'm not sure he means complete sets when he says package deals. I'm thinking he means combining ASM 129, ASM 135, ASM 298 - 300 in one package deal. I do agree there is a benefit to selling complete sets if you have them since people like whole sets and some times will pay a premium.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure he means complete sets when he says package deals. I'm thinking he means combining ASM 129, ASM 135, ASM 298 - 300 in one package deal. I do agree there is a benefit to selling complete sets if you have them since people like whole sets and some times will pay a premium.

yes. all complete sets are packages, and are somewhat more easily appreciated. But not all packages are complete sets. If you're selling 3 keys and 50 random issues in a run of about 100 comics, I'm not sure you're going to find a willing buyer unless the price drops. You always have to ask yourself, WHO WOULD WANT THIS AND WHY?

What kind of person would want these extra 50 comics? If they're a real fan of that set, that will probably make doubles for most (the odds of them needing those specific comics are low). If its a dealer, they'd want a lower price per comic because they worry about profit margins. If its someone just curious and want to read the set, they'd probably rather spend the money on a lower grade complete set just so they can read the whole story.

When selling a 'package', you need a target market (and a way to reach that market). Or a lower price point. Or both.

"Flippers" and dealers are weird distinctions. A dealer often "flips" books and "flippers" deal in books. What is the difference? Are you meaning people who don't care about the hobby and only want to make money? Card people?

I think he means when – as a collector and not a dealer – you start buying and selling just to get money, maybe not even to fund other purchases for you.

If one wants to become a dealer, or is a part-time dealer is a different thing.

I know for sure buying and selling has changed my perspective, and I am not sure that is a good thing, as I am not a dealer. If I wanted to become a part time dealer that would be fine, but that is not my job, and I lose too much time with comics compared to when I just bought them as a collector.

Being in Italy I started to sell a bit (very little) to save on my purchases and fees, but I see it has unbalanced my views.