• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Avengers #1 1963 CGC 6.5

60 posts in this topic

True enough Bob, which is why I stated that there is good advice amongst the comments. But the better alternative would be to simply inform new comers so that they feel welcome without over reacting to a post that does not live up to those who are more seasoned.

By "anal" I was mainly referring to the way people like to pick at comments. Requests for information is justified. The tone, not so much.

I would also challenge if this forum is really free or not? Sure, we don't pay with actual $$ to list anything here but by becoming active members, we help to keep the CGC community alive, which is beneficial to both parties.

If you believe that time is money, then it's matter of perspective and so I prefer to view it as a symbiotic relationship.

I don't think the buying culture is "anal" here. You get what you pay for and when you list on the CGC boards you pay "nothing".

There are plenty of serious buyers who are cautious because it is "free to sell" here and without references the culture here tends to be a little skeptical. It doesn't take much time to understand that if you want to sell something it helps to have references.

well said :applause:

I don't think the buying culture is "anal" here. You get what you pay for and when you list on the CGC boards you pay "nothing".

There are plenty of serious buyers who are cautious because it is "free to sell" here and without references the culture here tends to be a little skeptical. It doesn't take much time to understand that if you want to sell something it helps to have references.

Also, it may be prudent to have a few "mini" sales under your belt, and not have your first sale be a $4k book.

Spends 2 months trying to sell on ebay with 0 success.

Spends 2 days getting photos and more info on a big ticket book from a guy with 3 posts and sells it and "No plans to ever sell any books and with the headache I got here, I really dont want to do it again"

doh!

book got sold now - so thanks everyone for their legit interest.

As far as the future is concerned, I will remember this conversation for a long time. No plans to ever sell any books and with the headache I got here, I really dont want to do it again.

You just used this site to sell a 4K book with no fees and you are upset. (shrug)

As far as the future is concerned, I will remember this conversation for a long time. No plans to ever sell any books and with the headache I got here, I really dont want to do it again.

But we hardly got to know you. :cry:

Spends 2 days getting photos and more info on a big ticket book from a guy with 3 posts and sells it and "No plans to ever sell any books and with the headache I got here, I really dont want to do it again"

doh!

+1

Don't let the door hit you on the Azz on the way out.

There really should be a post count or ? to prevent flash in the pan unappreciative people the opportunity to sell here.

doh!

+1

Don't let the door hit you on the Azz on the way out.

There really should be a post count or ? to prevent flash in the pan unappreciative people the opportunity to sell here.

I agree. He sells something here for free....no fees and then moans about it because he can't follow the rules here.

Buh Bye

wellbyecurlybill.jpg

I have a strange feeling we will see that book for sale again on Ebay within the week....