• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN FIND OUT THERE:

42 posts in this topic

Am I the only one surpised to see how quickly and abruptly those pages are turned? I really like the illusion that the utmost care was taken when inspecting books.

Where do you see that?

We are very very careful when handling books.

Am I the only one surpised to see how quickly and abruptly those pages are turned? I really like the illusion that the utmost care was taken when inspecting books.

Where do you see that?

After I wrote that, I instantly regretted it. Took a second and thought that the speed of the clip probably in no way reflected the speed at which the pages were actually turned. My apologies--the cynic in me reflexively shot off my mouth.

Start heaping on the abuse.

Where do you see that?

After I wrote that, I instantly regretted it. Took a second and thought that the speed of the clip probably in no way reflected the speed at which the pages were actually turned. My apologies--the cynic in me reflexively shot off my mouth.

Start heaping on the abuse.

Don't worry about it. I saw it when it was being filmed. The guy they were filming sits right next to me....and he turned those pgs very carefully. That clip did distort that.

I liked the clip and did not really see anything weird about the handling, although the speed of the clip and the encoding might be a possible issue.

What I did find lame was the end part where Borock seemed to want to say "and make money at the same time" (which was expected) and instead lost his train of thought and mumbled "and, um, see the best books in the world".

I honestly felt the same way when I saw the clip...maybe not the abrubtness but rather the way the pages were turned as if flipping through a newstand magazine...

I always envisioned the book being caressed in one hand while gently turning the page with the utmost care...

Off-course...the book that this was apparent on was a Modern book...so who gives a krap... 893whatthe.gif

What I did find lame was the end part where Borock seemed to want to say "and make money at the same time" (which was expected) and instead lost his train of thought and mumbled "and, um, see the best books in the world".

He seemed to want to say "and make money at the same time"??? Where did you get THAT from? foreheadslap.gif

I find your assessment lame. You seemed to want to type "What I did find lame was the end part where I realized I was not making any money in comic books."

Sorry Pov, I got the same impression. crazy.gif

Does that make me a bad person?

No. It makes you a Peter Cushing EVE-ill person. Pure EVE-ill. I honestly did not get that impression at all. Maybe it is because I have had many conversations with Borock and am familiar with his speak. But honestly? I just do not see it.

Oh yeah - I think by this time I have shown I am not a CGC sycophant!

Sorry Pov, I got the same impression. crazy.gif

Does that make me a bad person?

No. It makes you a Peter Cushing EVE-ill person. Pure EVE-ill. I honestly did not get that impression at all. Maybe it is because I have had many conversations with Borock and am familiar with his speak. But honestly? I just do not see it.

Oh yeah - I think by this time I have shown I am not a CGC sycophant!

How else is CGC helping sellers, beyond making them more money, grampa?