• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 58 trimmed or production defect?

11 posts in this topic

I think my avengers 58 might be trimmed or have a production defect and if you need anymore pics let me know

the avengers 58 right corner the top side is jagged and the bottom side is smooth

I also compared it to another avengers 58 comic I have and it's much shorter and I compared it to a cgc blue label avengers 58 and it had the same thing just not as bad so it leads me to believe this is a production defect but I want to make sure

thanks in advance

Size comparison pic 1

avengers%2058%20size%20comparason%20%202_1.jpg

Size Comparison pic 2

avengers%2058%20size%20comparason%20%201.jpg

Top right side

avengers%2058%20trimmed.jpg

Bottom right side

avengers%2058%20bottom%20right%20side.jpg

This is a minor key issue. If this was trimmed, I don't know why someone did this to this lovely copy.

I never saw ink spray or slot on the book. It looks weird to me.

so what do you think this is?

Does not look trimmed IMO. Wrap is almost identical to a Universal 9.6 on EBay with no conclusive evidence any of the three edges have been cut. It could just be overspray along the bottom margin, or in this case, underspray. Whatever it is, I doubt it would be considered restorative. The dust shadow is the biggest flaw from what I can tell. If you wanted to error on the side of caution I don't think anyone would be too upset if you called it a 6.5. It might be a little better than that, but nothing wrong with playing it safe (thumbs u

Does not look trimmed IMO. Wrap is almost identical to a Universal 9.6 on EBay with no conclusive evidence any of the three edges have been cut. It could just be overspray along the bottom margin, or in this case, underspray. Whatever it is, I doubt it would be considered restorative. The dust shadow is the biggest flaw from what I can tell. If you wanted to error on the side of caution I don't think anyone would be too upset if you called it a 6.5. It might be a little better than that, but nothing wrong with playing it safe (thumbs u

thanks I'll be listing these comics soon and I'm doing my best to learn restoration :)

I don't think so, but hard to tell. Is there a cover overhang on the right side obscuring the fanning of the pages? It's common for the fanning of the pages to be more prominent at the top of the book than it is at the bottom of the book.

The URHC looks pretty soft, which unto itself is a reason to believe no trimming has taken place more so than the size of the book being smaller than its contemporaries is reason to believe that trimming has taken place.

I might not be clear in my reasoning.....it's late. But my guess is no.

I don't think so, but hard to tell. Is there a cover overhang on the right side obscuring the fanning of the pages? It's common for the fanning of the pages to be more prominent at the top of the book than it is at the bottom of the book.

The URHC looks pretty soft, which unto itself is a reason to believe no trimming has taken place more so than the size of the book being smaller than its contemporaries is reason to believe that trimming has taken place.

I might not be clear in my reasoning.....it's late. But my guess is no.

Thanks