• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just scored a nice bunch of mags

16 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6509003899

I already have a few of them, but this will fill a lot of holes for me.

Can't wait to see what they look like in person.

Might have overpaid, but I need like half of them, and a few look like they may be upgrades. So when I figure the time I won't spend looking for these any more, works for me.

I agree.

I really enjoyed the SSOC much more than the regular series (at least the part of it above #100).

Part was the artwork, and I think the other part was the way it jumped around. You can pick up almost any issue and read it at any time because there is no continuity to worry about.

Especially when you already know the character.

$3 each for that lot is a good price... some of them are probably only $1-2 items, but most aren't... and trying to pick that set up separately would double the price with shipping/handling. probably wouldn't be any cheaper at a show.

i think these mags are undervalued. of course, i've been telling myselt that for 10 years and they go for about as much now as they did then: not much.

but at $3 each, they're all worth it just for a good read. those babies aren't 3 minute on the can reads, there's a lot of bang for your buck in each magazine.

Yeah.

I just wish that Savage Tales #1 was in better shape.

But it's better than what I have now, which is nothing. I have the other 4 but haven't looked at them in a long time. Will pull them out and compair when these come in.

That's one of the really cool parts about getting extras in a lot. Pulling out some oldies to compair to see which is better.

Then of course, re-reading the worst of the 2 laugh.gif

At the risk of repeating myself, my opinion is that the mags worked better for Conan because they weren't code constrained. Thomas could adapt the REH stories a little closer and maintain that "pulp" feel to them.

And yes, the CTB comic took a downhill slide after #100 - mainly because I think other editors took over who didn't care about the character or the Hyborian mythos that Howard had laid down. A lot of times I think they were just taking any old S&S or fantasy story and throwing Conan in it with no regards for Howard fans .

BTW - nice pick up!!! thumbsup2.gif

Well, I got the package today.

I think I was pretty close on guessing the grades from the auction.

They are about what I thought they would be.

Will post some scans later.

Ended up getting 17 issues I didn't have at all.

I'll have to do comparisons on the other 14 mags, but I think only a couple have a chance of upgrading my existing issues.

Lukily the only trashed Treasury Edition was the one I already have.

#19 looks really nice. Not NM or even VF but at least F maybe F+ too bad they are too big for my scanner.

Tay nice grab on the Savage Tales, as it has seen better days it is still an awesome book.

Have you seen this post yet: I'll Be Damned #1 - Conan Cover by Frazetta 1970 Limited to 1,000 Copies

I posted it a few months back trying to get some more info about it. I've been looking for another copy but have had the darndest time doing so. I guess that 1,000 copies printed, with probably less than that left in existence, has created a very tight supply of them.

Was curious to hear your thoughts about it, or if you knew anything.

-bounty

Looks like a fanzine.

I haven't really gotten into those at all yet.

I'd like to, but am already spread pretty thin

That, and I don't know much about them at all. I'm sure there is probably a group somewhere on the net that specializes in them.

Well, I got the package today.

I think I was pretty close on guessing the grades from the auction.

They are about what I thought they would be.

Will post some scans later.

Ended up getting 17 issues I didn't have at all.

I'll have to do comparisons on the other 14 mags, but I think only a couple have a chance of upgrading my existing issues.

Lukily the only trashed Treasury Edition was the one I already have.

#19 looks really nice. Not NM or even VF but at least F maybe F+ too bad they are too big for my scanner.

This deal worked out better than I thought.

Just sold off the extra stuff from this lot, and got back about $70.

So, $40 for 17 mags isn't too bad. Especially when one of them is a Savage Tales #1.