• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sensation Comics #1

97 posts in this topic

Just noticed an even more telling difference (other than size, which you can't tell from a photo)... the red exclamation point could just be worn off - after all, one of the other letters in the black text is worn off. However, look at the yellow text in the top left - it's completely different. It was obviously redone for the reprint. That can't be due to wear.

Can you tell us about who's selling it?

Are they trying to represent it as an original first print?

Craigslist?

No, not craigslist. I'm a small business owner and purveyor of antiques & other collectibles. Every now and then I purchase comics when the opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately I'm not as comfortable purchasing comics since they aren't my specialty.

Which is why I'm very thankful for your responses. This could have been a potentially grave mistake on my end.

He was asking $1300 for it.

You didn't notice it was huge?

I'm really confused

So you did notice the size difference?

ok lemme explain i guess

i was assuming it was the regular size book and a collector was asking for advice.

once it came out it was the reprint i wondered why a collector would be fooled-i thought he had snapped the pic and had seen the book.

then it came out he hadn't seen the book.

as facts came in i revised my posts.

tell him listen sir the original book was x by y in size. this book is w by z. also look at this link-you can see the actual book has a red exclamation mark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sensation-Comics-1-CGC-5-5-Golden-Age-Key-Comic-1st-Wonder-Woman-Cover-L-K-/291433269941?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dac6cab5

also sir you can read this:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/SENSATION-COMICS-1-Wonder-Woman-BEWARE-OF-REPRINTS-/10000000000083851/g.html

Just noticed an even more telling difference (other than size, which you can't tell from a photo)... the red exclamation point could just be worn off - after all, one of the other letters in the black text is worn off. However, look at the yellow text in the top left - it's completely different. It was obviously redone for the reprint. That can't be due to wear.

Just comparing the first letter "T" in the top left immediately shows a radical difference to the original. It is the same text used in the 1974 reprint. Combine that with the lack of an exclamation mark after "Wonder Woman" and you have the 1974 reprint. Not really of any value in that condition.

I'm really confused

ok lemme explain i guess

i was assuming it was the regular size book and a collector was asking for advice.

once it came out it was the reprint i wondered why a collector would be fooled-i thought he had snapped the pic and had seen the book.

Again Kav, this is a disservice to the boards.

Someone asked an honest question, and without any idea what you were looking at, you threw out a value. Roughly $2995-4995 over what Gator estimated it's value.

Can't you see the issue?

I'm really confused

ok lemme explain i guess

Someone asked an honest question, and without any idea what you were looking at, you threw out a value. Roughly $2995-4995 over what Gator estimated it's value.

Can't you see the issue?

Jesus Christ

I try to be nice to that dude even though he's always targeting me

GOTCHA! GOTCHA! GOTCHA!!

whatever

I'm really confused

ok lemme explain i guess

Can't you see the issue?

Jesus Christ

just ignore them-- they are trying to start an argument.

Agreed.

Kav already cleared up what he posted earlier, no need to beat a dead horse or cry disservice to the board over an issue that was clearly (and quickly) resolved.

I'm really confused

ok lemme explain i guess

Can't you see the issue?

Jesus Christ

just ignore them-- they are trying to start an argument.

Agreed.

Kav already cleared up what he posted earlier, no need to beat a dead horse or cry disservice to the board over an issue that was clearly (and quickly) resolved.

He's like that chubby kid the teacher foolishly made hall monitor....

forget Kav's overly ambitious mistype, we need names, RAT THE GUY OUT

YES

Name some names!!!!!!!!!!! He's obviously gonna keep trying to sell this baby-if CL gets enough reports they will pull it