• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sensation Comics #1

97 posts in this topic

Let me guess he still thinks you're wrong and it's the real deal.
Pretty much, lol. He doesn't want to let it go, wants me to "prove" to him that it's not original. He must have lost some money on it... won't listen to reason. I'm done trying to convey the message to him.

You didn't notice it was huge?

I'm really confused

So you did notice the size difference?

ok lemme explain i guess

i was assuming it was the regular size book and a collector was asking for advice.

once it came out it was the reprint i wondered why a collector would be fooled-i thought he had snapped the pic and had seen the book.

then it came out he hadn't seen the book.

as facts came in i revised my posts.

Again Kav, this is a disservice to the boards.

Someone asked an honest question, and without any idea what you were looking at, you threw out a value. Roughly $2995-4995 over what Gator estimated it's value.

Can't you see the issue?

Now you are picking on him. What could be wrong about throwing out uninformed guesses to someone asking for advice?

I was wondering when the other guy was gonna weigh in....

Shad and Hado-the bookend board vultures of death....

Pretty much, lol. He doesn't want to let it go, wants me to "prove" to him that it's not original. He must have lost some money on it... won't listen to reason. I'm done trying to convey the message to him.

Send him to Les from Hard Core Pawn.

send him the LINK -- if that doesn't prove it, he isn't worth helping.

We've all seen this syndrome on Pawn Stars

Send him to Les from Hard Core Pawn.

I friggin hate that fake show.

Couldn't this be solved immediately by having him measure the book? Isn't this one bigger?
His measurements matched the reprint size.

He must have lost his shirt on this.

There's no one who can't admit they were wrong like a guy who got ripped off and wants to resell....

My guess is Sensation 1 dude is gonna have that book like an albatross for the rest of his life trying to convince people it's legit....he just won't be able to let go

Consider he's already told a spoon load of people about his great investment and how it's gonna pay off

Now they're asking hey have you sold that valuable comic yet....

:idea: for OP: buy a copy on ebay take off outer cover and offer to sell it to dude!!!!!!!! JUST LOOK AT THE CONDITION!!! I can let it go for $300

Well I do wonder when I make a joke and someone thinks I'm serious.....

I'm sure that there will be more than a few who will think it's a great idea and not realize it's a joke.

We have these little signs for when you are joking;) :jokealert:

I'll use 'em!

It's like Chicken Soup...can't hurt;)

I shudder thinking about the 2 wise guys (out of thousands of people who would get the joke) who have read this thread and are now off on a hunt for Famous First Editions;)